Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter car prep scenario
14 October 2012, 01:43,
RE: Winter car prep scenario
Would it be bad for the wound? I wasn't aware this would b a problem. Oops lol.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
14 October 2012, 09:14, (This post was last modified: 14 October 2012, 09:16 by bigpaul.)
(13 October 2012, 22:58)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(13 October 2012, 19:10)bigpaul Wrote: ever heard of an Air Ambulance?? its 30 miles to A&E.............

ever heard of grounded flights. More reason you should prepare for making the trip yourself.

30 miles in the dark, in ice?? dont think so..wouldnt get 5 miles!! winter before last we were snowed/iced in for nearly 4 weeks, didnt even attempt to go anywhere..apart from walking the dog!!
i have to say, in my defence, if i'm going anywhere other than local(10-15 mile radius) i always carry a GHB.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 October 2012, 10:27,
(14 October 2012, 00:21)Wildman Wrote: I have no car but I will base this on any standard car. I always have my knife on me so to start I would cut open my jeans to reveal the would. I would then spit in it to clean it. And I would dress it with either clothing or seat fabric. I would then fashion a hat from seat fabric to save heat. If I thought I was going to be in for I rough night then I would consider making a shelter on the side of the rd with a fire from either friction or with help from the cars battery and a rap of cloth soaked in fuel. I would make another fire in the middle of the rd to act as a rd block and signal. If I was surviving for a longer amount of time then I would make snares from wires from the car and dead fall traps ect with my knife and finding water would also be a part of a days routine. And if I saw a heli/ plane then I would take off a wheel and burn it. One at a time to save chances of getting seen.

What are you going to burn in your fire and how would you get it or do you carry something you can burn? (not counting the wheel which would be a last resort).
14 October 2012, 12:11,
With my pen knife I would collect a cut all tree and bush I could collect whilst limping lol. With a small rock and my uk legal knife I could fell a small tree.Smile but a shelter with a fire is warmer than a car. Plus I would only burn a wheel for signalling.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
14 October 2012, 17:30,
Wildman, We are approaching winter. It would be interesting to see you pretend to have injured yourself, cut down a tree with a legal penknife and do all these other things like undo the wheels in freezing weather. I don't think you could do it. Sorry.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 October 2012, 18:39,
It would take more than that to kill me m8. And people have done more to live, I don't see it as a major biggie. If Im able to push my car on its side then I'd've be a failure if I couldn't make camp. A rock and tire ion is more than enough to remove a wheel-(or two strength wielding arms which I have) I'm not saying I'm super Rambo but I am saying that I'm no cub either.
14 October 2012, 19:36,
Wildman, I'm not saying you aint able to do it. I'm just suggesting you try it in the middle of winter in a safe way. You are talking about work and energy usage to get yourself prepared. I've settled for a box in the boot with everything in.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 October 2012, 19:59,
Cool sk, I was only basing my actions on a situation with no prep as I have no car. The only tool I have is the knife I carry every were. And being that my wound can't be that bad that I can push my car from its side to its wheels( usually takes a crowd) I assumed usual survival duties, and also made a possible deadly mistake about the seat fabric. But harsh winter work is in my blood. From scaffolding, sea fishing and winter survival being some of my joys in life, I wouldn't find any of the survival scenario an issue unless my wound was so bad I couldn't walk-or if the land was barren.
14 October 2012, 19:59,
I have a BOB, GHB, GOOD Bag, cal it what you want so cleaning a wound would be no problem. I also carry clean water and a small amount of kindling and timber in my van. I'd crawl into my sleeping bag in the back of the van but if the night got too cold then I'd set up a basic camp and light a fire and sleep until dawn.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
14 October 2012, 20:09,
(14 October 2012, 19:59)Wildman Wrote: Cool sk, I was only basing my actions on a situation with no prep as I have no car. The only tool I have is the knife I carry every were. And being that my wound can't be that bad that I can push my car from its side to its wheels( usually takes a crowd) I assumed usual survival duties, and also made a possible deadly mistake about the seat fabric. But harsh winter work is in my blood. From scaffolding, sea fishing and winter survival being some of my joys in life, I wouldn't find any of the survival scenario an issue unless my wound was so bad I couldn't walk-or if the land was barren.

On the note of pushing the car back onto it's wheels, its actually not too hard... This scenario (to a much lesser extent) actually happened to me last year and the pushing the car back was the easy part.