Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying stuff
18 October 2012, 11:23,
RE: buying stuff
Nr some parts of the uk are overran with american crayfish,bit bigger than ours,so plenty of feeding Big Grin
18 October 2012, 11:36,
(18 October 2012, 11:23)Metroyeti Wrote: Nr some parts of the uk are overran with american crayfish,bit bigger than ours,so plenty of feeding Big Grin

Yeah Redclawed ones I fink Smile

18 October 2012, 23:07,
i mean, if somebody accidentaly went fishing and accidentaly caught a net full of foreign crayfish and they accidentaly fell into a river near your home or bol...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 October 2012, 08:37, (This post was last modified: 19 October 2012, 08:38 by NorthernRaider.)
(18 October 2012, 23:07)Prepper1 Wrote: i mean, if somebody accidentaly went fishing and accidentaly caught a net full of foreign crayfish and they accidentaly fell into a river near your home or bol...

In the rivers up here they would just be disolved.
Chris Rea's song Steel river is apt it does boil with every poison you can think of.

19 October 2012, 10:00,
(18 October 2012, 23:07)Prepper1 Wrote: i mean, if somebody accidentaly went fishing and accidentaly caught a net full of foreign crayfish and they accidentaly fell into a river near your home or bol...

not being a native its legal to take the american crayfish for food in fact in some areas its encouraged tho you do need permission http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/hom...38045.aspx
19 October 2012, 10:01,

It would mean the white clawed native crayfish would be out competed and die, the signals would burrow into the river banks and collapse them into the river, you would be on your way to destroying an eco system.

NR, the rivers in the NE are some of the cleanest in the country - cannot speak for the Tees estury as I have never fished it, but certainly the Tyne and Wear are clean along with the Blyth and the Wansbeck and the other Northumberland rivers are good. All of the freshwater parts of the rivers are good.

They did used to be open sewers, the lot of them. The smell of the Tyne when I was young was - well, uncomparable.
19 October 2012, 11:25,
I live next to the Skerne a tributary of the Tees and only 8 miles from the Wear. If you saw what the shit that this summers monsoons have done to many of the rivers you would weep, silage, runoff loaded with fertiliser, mud, sediments, piles of rocksalt stored to close to the water, ponds of pig shit that over flowed. I used to campaign with Greenpeace to clean up our rivers, but these days its just to easy for agricultural slurry to "accidentally" get into the water. The Skerne is BROWN as its not soil or mud Sad

19 October 2012, 13:44, (This post was last modified: 19 October 2012, 13:45 by Prepper1.)
They did similar with the ship canal near me.
You could see all sorts floating down that and if you dropped a match in it it'd probably burst into flames...
The publicized that they'd cleaned it up and it now was so clean it had fish in it...
What they actually did was drain some shipping locks, clean them out, seal them up and refill with clean water with a separate filtration system... lying bastards
rest of itwas as dirty as ever, with rats big as cats...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 October 2012, 15:16,
The tynes not as clean as what they make out. Sewage over flow pipes go directly into it, theres a number to phone if it looks bad at these points.
19 October 2012, 16:16,
(19 October 2012, 15:16)Metroyeti Wrote: The tynes not as clean as what they make out. Sewage over flow pipes go directly into it, theres a number to phone if it looks bad at these points.

Aye most summers cos of farm run off they have to use huge machibnes to oxygenate the Tyne near Hexham as the chemical use up all the oxygen in the water.