Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaving post SHTF
23 October 2012, 21:09, (This post was last modified: 23 October 2012, 21:13 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: Shaving post SHTF
get a wide leather belt 2" to 3" bout 2ft long ....get a good folding pen knife grind a flat straight edge (grind the point square ) resharpen. hang the belt a nail ...say on a tree or door and sharpen the blade on the belt....up and down ...... be careful it will be razor! razor" sharp .... do all your knives this way........get the thinest pen knife or a kitchen knife will do the job , make a sheeth
sharper than a stanley blade watch out!!!!!!
GO BACK TO GO FORWARD
24 October 2012, 09:20,
(23 October 2012, 19:07)Tibbs735 Wrote: I have a horrible feeling ceramic blades are banned in Britain because the count as stealth/ disguised weapons

Nope, I got one myself. Ceramic blade, carbon fiber handle, no metal parts Big Grin
24 October 2012, 13:06,
I will absolutely be shaving after TSHTF. It's part of my essential morning routine and is a "zen" moment for me. I backpacked coast-to-coast across Scotland a couple of years ago. 300km over a couple of weeks. Shaved every morning while wiLd-camping. Mug of water heated in the Trangia, signalling mirror wedged in a tree-branch, small sachets of shaving cream rescued from the overnight sleeper train, plus Bic disposables. Job done.

I've not tried shaving with a knife, but this thread has inspired me to have a go. I also wondered about razor-clam shells (no pun intended). They litter the beach here, and are the right size and shape, and already pretty sharp to the touch. I wonder if it would be possible to hone the edge of one?

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
24 October 2012, 18:18,
If you're bugging in a few bags of disposable ('bic' or similar) razors are the way to go. Pretty cheap and last a good long while if you use them past sharp enough to get 'baby bottom smooth' and into 'a bit dull but still trims to short stubble'.
As to whether or not the ladies will want to shave underarms and legs or keep the hair for warmth … we'll have to wait and see.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
26 October 2012, 12:46,
Tesco own brand disposable dual blade razors: 5 pack of razors for only 13p
Certainly not the best razor in the world but they do an adequate job.
Stock up while you can.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?