Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
now that is a LOW pressure front
25 October 2012, 22:17, (This post was last modified: 25 October 2012, 22:23 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: now that is a LOW pressure front
It appears that more and more met office computer programs from around the world are now starting to express growing concern about this possible super storm hitting New England and Canada, EG the second perfect storm in under 20 years !!!!

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/weather-pr...ment-42643
Other prepper forums are picking up on this threat
http://www.prep-blog.com/2012/10/25/seve...ect-storm/

26 October 2012, 00:29, (This post was last modified: 26 October 2012, 00:39 by Scythe13.)
Standing by.....snowboard at the ready!!!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/20080601
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 October 2012, 08:17,
bloody hope it doesnt turn into a super storm, have some close friends in that part of america Sad...have sent word to them to stock up now (pity they aint preppers or that would go without saying xD) fingers crossed it doesnt get too bad
26 October 2012, 09:54,
Of all the things I'm up for experiencing, a Mini Ice Age would be top 3!!! It would just be an extended snowboarding holiday, with food scavenging. Staying warm is surprisingly easy when you're used to enjoying too much time in the snow and maybe forgetting to go back to your hotel when the sun goes in. Then you suddenly realise you're snowboarding by moonlight, and it's minus double figures!!! Did that a few years ago over Christmas Eve!!! It was awesome.

But at the same time, it's probably one of the most dangerous!!! You can get lethargic very quickly, and you need over double your usual calorie intake!!!

Longterm food would be an interesting situation though. But the lack of power, heating, and the alike....I'm good with that haha.
26 October 2012, 15:47,
Staying warm is easy short term. What about eating snow? When you can't grow food you will find staying warm isn't all there is and we consume food to heat our bodies not just by wrapping up.

Long term ice age would be one of the top three things to wipe us out. Remember Mini is in cosmic terms not 48 hours like a mini break.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 October 2012, 16:16,
(26 October 2012, 15:47)Skean Dhude Wrote: Staying warm is easy short term. What about eating snow? When you can't grow food you will find staying warm isn't all there is and we consume food to heat our bodies not just by wrapping up.

Long term ice age would be one of the top three things to wipe us out. Remember Mini is in cosmic terms not 48 hours like a mini break.

I was meaning mini, as in...5-7 years. That would be survivable. Move closer to the equator. As people, with much less technology, we survived the big ice age.

As for the food long term part....totally agree!!! I did say it's one of the most dangerous, but also....most fun potential.
26 October 2012, 19:05,
CNN / USRC is now telling people to PREP

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/27/us/hur...index.html

26 October 2012, 21:58,
I recently read in National Geographic that the current weather we have been experiencing is part of a 200 + year cycle , and if they are correct we should get ready for ' snowmaggedon' as I work in a children's outdoor centre I thought Id mention this to my bosses , their reply
well be ok , morons , so I spelt this out , we have 60 children residential, it freezes over mid week and continues , on Friday the coaches cannot come to collect them , so nor can their parents , we (the instructors) all have families , which should be and is mine no 1 priority, at what point will the decision to stay or go enter peoples heads , what if the heating breaks down , their answer or one of them , well youll be ok to come and go as you have a 4x4 , again morons, I can only go as fast or slow as the person in front of me ,

I do believe this year we are going to experience a cold winter , so open up those old chimneys, or at least enough to fit a stove pipe to use a log burner ,

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
26 October 2012, 22:09,
Unfortunatly they probably see doing a little bit to prepare for such event as dipping into there xmas drink fund or bonus
26 October 2012, 22:13,
SMost fun. Soon get fed up playing in the snow when winkie shrinkage stops fun on a regular basis
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin