Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homemade liquid detergent
26 October 2012, 13:20,
Homemade liquid detergent
Will be trying this soon once the commerical detergent is gone will let you know how it turns out later.

http://whynotsew.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/...rgent.html
Failure is NOT an option
27 October 2012, 07:59,
RE: Homemade liquid detergent
well correct me if im wrong here ( as i dont even know how to work the washer) but wiont using soap or washing soda clean your clothes on there own?? on wartime farm ruth just grated up a bar of soap to use and it worked fine!
27 October 2012, 11:00,
It goes in the washing machine
Failure is NOT an option
27 October 2012, 11:12,
So how are people going to dry there clothes? Im going to use a metal mop bucket with the mop drying bit(technical term?) Has anyone got other options?
27 October 2012, 12:05,
mangle and washing line to dry clothes
28 October 2012, 11:53,
Am I allowed to post links in here? It's to a blog by an Australian housewife (she is now a minor celeb in Australia because of her blog) where herself & her husband decided to go as self sufficient as possible. It tells you everything from jam making to storing veg & also how to make your own soap, dish soap, shampoo & washing machine soap.

Also a lot of people comment on her post & some of the tips they do are just as useful.

Also if you are DIY minded, instructables has a few good guides on how to make home-made washing machines & spin dryers.
28 October 2012, 12:27,
(28 October 2012, 11:53)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Am I allowed to post links in here? It's to a blog by an Australian housewife (she is now a minor celeb in Australia because of her blog) where herself & her husband decided to go as self sufficient as possible. It tells you everything from jam making to storing veg & also how to make your own soap, dish soap, shampoo & washing machine soap.

Also a lot of people comment on her post & some of the tips they do are just as useful.

Also if you are DIY minded, instructables has a few good guides on how to make home-made washing machines & spin dryers.

Course you are, info must be shared thats what we are here for, post and be damned SD would remove anyfink he doesnt want, which isnt much.

28 October 2012, 12:41,
http://down---to---earth.blogspot.co.uk/

Like I say, I found a lot of the info good for prepping. Hope it helps some people.
28 October 2012, 12:47,
Excellent find

28 October 2012, 12:50,
(28 October 2012, 11:53)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Am I allowed to post links in here?
For future reference post anything that you think will aid in our preps. I only concern myself with copyright when the copyright owner contacts me, because I get into trouble trouble if I don't and infighting amongst ourselves.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin