Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theft of fire wood
31 October 2012, 20:21, (This post was last modified: 31 October 2012, 20:21 by Nenook.)
RE: Theft of fire wood
I have 3 log piles set up with a view that any 2 can sustain my home for a harsh winter , there are a couple of shall we say suprises should someone try and steal it ,
you dont mind people taking windfall ,it used to be a public right that people could collect dead wood for fuel might still be !
I believe that is the case , as long as it is public land ,
regards

nenook
(25 October 2012, 21:35)Nenook Wrote: well Im very fortunate, at work we have an indoor archery range 25 m and unless Im out all day with a group climbing canoeing etc , I practise my archery every day at lunch time , from 6m to 25 m , static and stop and shoot , Ive looked at some target faces with multiple circles to have a crack at , Im going to start doing some sprints to get the heart rate up then try and shoot to see how I perform , its all good and well when Im calm but in a situation the adrenalin would be flowing ,

regards

nenook
and I need to practice with the broad heads as those are what id be using for real ,

regards

nenook

sorry I made a mistake with the archery quote

bloody computers

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
1 November 2012, 00:40, (This post was last modified: 1 November 2012, 00:46 by Tarrel.)
(28 October 2012, 10:23)Tigs Wrote: you dont mind people taking windfall ,it used to be a public right that people could collect dead wood for fuel might still be !

I think it depends on the nature of the land. Maybe the case with common land, but not privately owned. Here in Scotland the Land Reform act provides right to roam over private land but forbids removal of anything without permission.

(31 October 2012, 20:21)Nenook Wrote: I have 3 log piles set up with a view that any 2 can sustain my home for a harsh winter , there are a couple of shall we say suprises should someone try and steal it ,
you dont mind people taking windfall ,it used to be a public right that people could collect dead wood for fuel might still be !
I believe that is the case , as long as it is public land ,
regards

nenook
(25 October 2012, 21:35)Nenook Wrote: well Im very fortunate, at work we have an indoor archery range 25 m and unless Im out all day with a group climbing canoeing etc , I practise my archery every day at lunch time , from 6m to 25 m , static and stop and shoot , Ive looked at some target faces with multiple circles to have a crack at , Im going to start doing some sprints to get the heart rate up then try and shoot to see how I perform , its all good and well when Im calm but in a situation the adrenalin would be flowing ,

regards

nenook
and I need to practice with the broad heads as those are what id be using for real ,

regards

nenook

sorry I made a mistake with the archery quote

bloody computers

regards

nenook

And there was I thinking you were describing how you were preparing to give chase to the firewood stealers, shooting as you go!

(27 October 2012, 21:58)NorthernRaider Wrote: Chat on local radio was just commenting about rural crime and apparently people are actually going out and stealing piles of cut timber and people piles of fire logs from their gardens!!!

Watch your fuel supplies folks.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. We had a couple of instances of oil theft two winters ago. We had a lock on the filler cap on the tank, but the b*****s levered off the breather cap and took it from there. We were absent for long periods at the time. Don't seem to have had any more trouble since we've been there permanently.

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.