Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radioactive Fallout
5 November 2012, 19:14,
RE: Radioactive Fallout
Hi Guys, I think that the chance of a nuke going off is extremely slim, there is more possibility of a dirty bomb in one of the bigger cities in the UK, when these babys go off the blast usually causes more damage than any radioactive material that may be present, and I know that is a current threat scenario for the UK powers.
My advice for what it is worth is to buy an NBC suit and associated mask, quite easily picked up from army surplus stores these days. The suits themselves are from the late eightes or nineties, vacuum packed from new and as good as new, very cheap too about 15 quid or so for a suit and around 30 quid upwards for a mask. I have four of these and un-fourtunetly have had the expereince of working in one.
5 November 2012, 20:10, (This post was last modified: 5 November 2012, 20:33 by Paul.)
What we need is FACTS.

So would someone please explain what to do i.e.

I read that you should plan on staying in your shelter for a minimum of 200 hours (8-9 days).
Under no circumstances leave the shelter in the first forty-eight hours.
Is this right?

On the third day you can out looking for water for 1/2 an hour.
Is this right?

Someone must know these things.

Then I find this in FM 3-05.70 US Army Field Manual
The following timetable provides you with the information needed to avoid receiving a serious dosage and still let you cope with survival problems:

Complete isolation from 4 to 6 days following delivery of the last weapon.

A very brief exposure to get water on the third day is permissible, but exposure should not exceed 30 minutes.
One exposure of not more than 30 minutes on the seventh day.
One exposure of not more than 1 hour on the eighth day.
Exposure of 2 to 4 hours from the ninth day through the twelfth day.
Normal operation, followed by rest in a protected shelter, from the thirteenth day on.

6 November 2012, 00:10, (This post was last modified: 6 November 2012, 00:14 by Straight Shooter.)
this might sound stupid paul ( what you have posted is a good guide ) but the right now for me is all the other stuff (coming first ) is the order of the day (disorder social unrest) in my view , this will be very short before the main event but bad enough..to prep for a nuke event is major shit and lots of money ...the right site and stelth ect although thats where i am going ... i don,t want to detract the new preppers from thier immediate plans and all the stuff they got to contend with NOW, but i will post shortly on this and my progress (if any) but i would say read up more ( paul boyo )
and for all newbies get your heads down and prepp......... time for this shit later
6 November 2012, 00:30,
Everyone's situation is different. As the OP, I'd like to add that we are some distance from anticipated targets, our property is inherently suitable and is well located with regard to local topography. It's therefore a relatively low cost, low effort step to prep the property as a fallout shelter (not a blast shelter). Also, general preps such as storing food and water, assist with preparing for a fallout event, so why not go the next step and prepare the property as well.

Regarding time in the shelter, pretty much everything I've read says prepare to stay in there for two weeks.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
6 November 2012, 08:53,
(6 November 2012, 00:10)Straight Shooter Wrote: this might sound stupid paul ( what you have posted is a good guide ) but the right now for me is all the other stuff (coming first ) is the order of the day (disorder social unrest) in my view , this will be very short before the main event but bad enough..to prep for a nuke event is major shit and lots of money ...the right site and stelth ect although thats where i am going ... i don,t want to detract the new preppers from thier immediate plans and all the stuff they got to contend with NOW, but i will post shortly on this and my progress (if any) but i would say read up more ( paul boyo )
and for all newbies get your heads down and prepp......... time for this shit later

I've no problem with that SS.
All my efforts are going into prepping for the new year disasters anyway.
NO, not the Mayans, polar swop, or Iran, but the third recession to hit the UK and hopefully an end to the waiting game with Europe.

All the things that have been slightly affecting common folk are due to really bite in the new year including the next fuel price tax rise.
By March I'm going to be in full on survival mode I'm guessing.
March.
Coming to the end of a bad winter, bills to pay, no work, more sh^t from TPTB, I'm expecting trouble.
If all of you aren't, then good luck to you.

No money coming in, I'm also looking forward to some judicious poaching and acquiring fuel from any source I can find.
Take note folks, a life of crime beckons for me if society "all goes to rat sh^t" as I'm not going to quietly die off like our lords and masters would probably prefer.

The nuke notes is basically because people talk about it in general terms yet don't discuss the nitty gritty bit i.e. basic survival.

It's like some sort of government think tank.
It could happen, we'll think about it, when it does, or preferably after the event.

Staying indoors for 9 days don't worry me.
Might worry the dawgs as they haven't learnt that the shower tray lined with grass is their emergency toilet BUT no plan is perfect.

Before all you dog haters say "I'd chuck the dog out", my dogs are good rabbiters so looking after them, looks after me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides my fur coated fiends love fresh meat so feel free to try and break in and disturb my quarantine.