Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read , Weep, Learn
2 November 2012, 13:30,
RE: Read , Weep, Learn
(2 November 2012, 12:32)bigpaul Wrote: http://offgridsurvival.com/thisiswhyweprep/
(2 November 2012, 12:28)Tartar Horde Wrote: Your right mate it makes no sense, but I always found common sense isn't so common these days

you are so right my friend, was having a conversation with OH a few days ago driving back from somewhere or other, we were saying that people/sheeple wont survive WTSHTF cos they lack any kind of grey matter on this subject, its either "it wont happen to me" or "the govt will look after us"..both of which will get them killed..but can they see it?...nope..not a hope in hell!

The majority of people unfortunately live in an artificial "cocoon" where they have abrogated their responsibility for their own safety to the State. They sadly believe the State to which they have become enslaved will protect them in their hour of need. We can only hope this episode has spurred people on regarding prepping, because once you start to take control of your life, you are robbing the State of a little bit of their control over you, and shoving it to the man should be encouraged
2 November 2012, 13:32,
I think that's called the protectionist mindset, TH. The idea that the government will protect us.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 16:50,
the trouble is that society has moved on, pre war or just after the war people could look after themselves but these days if you talk to some one (in a city) about taking control, keeping a larder(more than 3 days food that is) or finding out how to skin, gut and cook a rabbit or a pheasant , they would look at you as if you were insane. they are all dependant on the state for something, some more than others and the idea of looking after themselves is just alien to them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2012, 17:17,
I think most people believe they have a week or 2's worth of food at home, simply because they don't realise how often they go to get food.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 17:21,
3 days from anarchy springs to mind most of the shepple wouldn't know how to skin and gut a rabbit let alone cook one
As for waiting for goverment assistance wtshtf, I think I'd be signing my own death warrant, I will sign that when I'm good and ready
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
2 November 2012, 17:44,
the supermarkets ALL have this "just in time" delivery system, nothing is kept in store out the back anymore-thats just a pallet storage area, what comes in on the lorry goes straight onto the shelves, in all 3 days worth is about ALL they keep so if anything goes wrong, fuel strike, inclement weather, that when it all breaks down, it just makes sense to have a back up supply at home-just in case- not even anything to do with prepping really, but just an emergency store..."just in case"! but of course your average Sheeple dosent have the brains to work that one out!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2012, 18:26,
(2 November 2012, 12:28)Tartar Horde Wrote: Your right mate it makes no sense, but I always found common sense isn't so common these days

one of my favourite quotes is "There's Nothing Common About Sense."...i think it was from winston churchill, and if im wrong blame whomever wrote it on the beams of my local pub xD