• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your UNUSUAL fantasy Bug Out Location
4 November 2012, 20:01,
RE: What's your UNUSUAL fantasy Bug Out Location
Right dirty cows they are
Failure is NOT an option
4 November 2012, 21:15,
I'd have the Saxa Vord RAF base on Unst, Shetland.

Now there's a bunker/ location.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
4 November 2012, 22:21,
Faroe Islands. Bleak, storm swept, hard to reach, but it would keep the riff-raff aka marauding masses out.

There are also some great isolated islands in the Baltic off the SW coast of Turku in Finland, although some of them do not permit non-Finns to live in them, as far as I know.
5 November 2012, 00:38,
lindesfarne! most of the advantages of an island (defence and remoteness) but with means of reaching the mainland at each low tide. it's got a castle (habitable as it's currently used as a private residence), a small harbour (fishing boats and sail boats for trading with/visiting other communities along the coast) and with a reasonable number of similar minded people you could have self reliant community within a couple of years. of course this could only happen after a major shtf like a pandemic when the place is deserted
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
5 November 2012, 01:06,
I'd stay away from an island. If everything floods, there goes your island.

Would have to say, Machupichi or something like that. High mountain village!!! Living the dream....but in a geodesic dome! haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 November 2012, 06:34,
(4 November 2012, 22:21)cryingfreeman Wrote: Faroe Islands. Bleak, storm swept, hard to reach, but it would keep the riff-raff aka marauding masses out.

There are also some great isolated islands in the Baltic off the SW coast of Turku in Finland, although some of them do not permit non-Finns to live in them, as far as I know.

Finland the joys of living outside the eu Big Grin couldnt say that over here, its racist/against human rights.

My freind sailed to the faroe islands, Said it was the nicest place he had ever been to.
5 November 2012, 14:08,
Well if you are talking "Fantasy" It would be Laputa Castle in the sky Wink
Other wise, it guess as along as it was secure Buckingham Palace wouldn't be too shabby.
Failure is always an option.
5 November 2012, 15:06, (This post was last modified: 5 November 2012, 15:07 by Prepper1.)
YOUR house....
with ALL your kit...
AND YOU on a butty...
mmmmmmm.....
Long pig.....
TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 November 2012, 16:34,
now FANTASY bol, that would have to be rivendell. have you seen those elven babes?Smile
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
5 November 2012, 16:48,
For me a sub tropical island a long way out in the ocean, with protecting reef, good evation, forest, fresh supply, and wild pigs.

Of course Mrs Lightspeed would have to be there too :-)

She could call me Robinson, and I'd call her FridayBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580