Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal)
26 November 2012, 11:23,
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal)
(26 November 2012, 10:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Those expedition Power Monkeys sold on Amazon look interesting but I'm guessing a techy could build a recharger much cheaper.
https://powertraveller.com/index.php

Yep theses are good for slow accumulation of solar charge and subsequent powering USM powered devices like the UV3R

Wet and Cold pointed us at an offer from Maplins earlier in the year fro similar, but slightly more powerful, devices for 5.00 each. we have a couple of them and they work very well indeed.

Neither the crharger above, nor this device will power the UV5r though. Their voltage output is only viable for the UV3r mictro transceivers.

TLN and I have been considering the use of Clansman Handheld generators and step down voltage transformers. These are ultra durable, but heavy as anyone who's ever used one will know. I've not gotten past the thinking stage, and I think TLN is now satisfied with his man pack setup and not progressed the idea either? This idea will need someone to pick it up and experiment with it some more. Any takers??
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 6 November 2012, 17:50
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 7 November 2012, 00:22
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 15 November 2012, 21:49
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 15 November 2012, 22:49
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Paul - 17 November 2012, 15:21
RE: SUK HT PROGRAMMING PROTOCOL (proposal) - by Lightspeed - 26 November 2012, 11:23