Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complications regarding Radio Comms
7 November 2012, 21:37,
RE: Complications regarding Radio Comms
Damn right, I did try homing ferrets so they could hide , but it worked to well, I released them and they hid..... for ever Smile

8 November 2012, 03:21,
I'm not sure whether it's just a simple fact that I'm radio illiterate, or maybe I'm just retarded....or both.

I see all these letters in capitals, and it looks like LMAO, ROFL, BFF, and all that kind of thing. It's like Alphabetee Spaghetti.

LS, you get me a link to get the radio (I don't care what extra features it has. I trust you to get me the right radio that will do the job). Show me how to use it, and how to search other frequencies outside the protocol, and job's a good'en.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 November 2012, 12:38,
(8 November 2012, 03:21)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm not sure whether it's just a simple fact that I'm radio illiterate, or maybe I'm just retarded....or both.

I see all these letters in capitals, and it looks like LMAO, ROFL, BFF, and all that kind of thing. It's like Alphabetee Spaghetti.

LS, you get me a link to get the radio (I don't care what extra features it has. I trust you to get me the right radio that will do the job). Show me how to use it, and how to search other frequencies outside the protocol, and job's a good'en.

OK S13
Links will be sent out in the next 24 hrs

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 December 2012, 21:09,
Although I'm in to Radio Communication BIG TIME, when the Scheiße hits the fan and I and my family bug out I'm going to be carrying only the equipment that can reach the most people in the simplest terms.... Mobile phone (goes without saying and will be the first to fail for sure!) a couple VHF/UHF PMR Handhelds, a couple of 27 Mhz CB Handhelds and a windup radio for listening to your "everyday" radio stations on and a shed-load of hybrid rechargeables. The handhelds will all use the same batteries, your common or garden AA's and that will be it!

The rest will be left behind for someone else to find and use, good luck with that as there may not be any power cos I won't be leaving the genny..... but in essence, lightweight and easily portable and something my family or anyone finding it can use cos I may not make it - end of.......
3 December 2012, 09:52,
(2 December 2012, 21:09)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: Although I'm in to Radio Communication BIG TIME, when the Scheiße hits the fan and I and my family bug out I'm going to be carrying only the equipment that can reach the most people in the simplest terms.... Mobile phone (goes without saying and will be the first to fail for sure!) a couple VHF/UHF PMR Handhelds, a couple of 27 Mhz CB Handhelds and a windup radio for listening to your "everyday" radio stations on and a shed-load of hybrid rechargeables. The handhelds will all use the same batteries, your common or garden AA's and that will be it!

The rest will be left behind for someone else to find and use, good luck with that as there may not be any power cos I won't be leaving the genny..... but in essence, lightweight and easily portable and something my family or anyone finding it can use cos I may not make it - end of.......

100% with you on that MA

It seems thate everyone with stron radio knowledge has concluded pretty much the same solutions.

Thanks for chipping in.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580