Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Range of engagements, and how?
14 November 2012, 11:50, (This post was last modified: 14 November 2012, 11:52 by BrixhamBadger.)
RE: Range of engagements, and how?
On my boat brother. Tongue
Rolleyes Pah.... landlubbers... Tongue http://www.force4.co.uk/c/131/Radar.html
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
14 November 2012, 14:19,
RE: Range of engagements, and how?
(12 November 2012, 16:43)Scythe13 Wrote: Okay people

Another of my seemingly oddly titled posts, but this one will be much simpler.

What ranged are people 'expecting' to engage enemies/opponents and with what weapons?

If you have any illegal weapons or ones you just don't want to tell us you have (like BP's butt produced chemical weaponry) feel free to label as, UD as in UnDisclosed. For example, I have a belt buckle that looks like a pair of knuckle dusters, if a fight occurred, I guess a less savoury character, could use them as a weapon. So I would put

To the garden Fence (5-2 meters)
5-10 meters (throwing range) tennis ball grenade
5-0 meters (throwing range) a brick

Inside Home Defence (2-0 meters)
2 meters (watergun range) with home made pepper spray
1 meter (Hand to hand) UD

That kind of thing. Long ranged weapons can also be considered UD, if you just don't want to broadcast you're a part of a rifle club.

I can already see people saying UD, UD, UD, UD.
For me, I think people will get within 25 meters, and then they're going to be engaged, until I get my Shoty license.

25 Meters - Current Project
30 Meters - Air Rifle
10 Meters - Wine Bottles, maybe with pepper or something like that. Could easily make pepper spray liquid.
5 Meters - Bricks etc
4 Meters - Throwing Knives and Shuriken (I used to love the whole Ninja thing as a kid, and still have about 10 Ninja Stars about)
2 Meters - UD
1 Meter - Machete, knives, rocks, belt buckle, and MANY other hand held things too numerous to mention.

0-250 yds (optimistic) 60lbs composite Mongol Bow
0-6ft Valiant Armoury Bastard sword hand forged carbon steel
0-40yds (but probably out the bedroom window lol)
Something you blow sharp objects through with very nasty stuff on themBig Grin