Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluffing that worked
18 November 2012, 12:37, (This post was last modified: 18 November 2012, 12:37 by HunterNurturer.)
RE: Bluffing that worked
(15 November 2012, 22:44)Mandlaka Wrote: A female friend of mine who is ex-army told me that her old sargeant told her some story that involved stepping forward even when scared as this action planted a bigger seed of fear in an opponent's mind, especially when they outnumbered you.

I was forced to try this trick when I confronted some market trader in South Londonistan who almost ran over my son with his van. I was really frightened because he had 3 brothers with him but the trick worked a treat!
I am not in a rush to try that again but am glad it turned out well. I hate getting into fights and I really hated this but it made me wise up a bit more.

Thanks for that trick, Anna!!! I will always remember it!
(15 November 2012, 22:44)Mandlaka Wrote: A female friend of mine who is ex-army told me that her old sargeant told her some story that involved stepping forward even when scared as this action planted a bigger seed of fear in an opponent's mind, especially when they outnumbered you.

I was forced to try this trick when I confronted some market trader in South Londonistan who almost ran over my son with his van. I was really frightened because he had 3 brothers with him but the trick worked a treat!
I am not in a rush to try that again but am glad it turned out well. I hate getting into fights and I really hated this but it made me wise up a bit more.

Of course choose very carefully on whom you will pull this move. It may just backfire on you...!

Very true on just about anyone who has no training.
When you take a step forward, 1 of 3 things will happen 99% of the time -
1) They will step back (flight)
2) They'll raise their arms slightly and possibly go for the idiotic "shove" that tends to be the catalyst for fights in the playground - most people have no combat experience past the playground, and this tends to stick with people (fight)
3) They will stand dead still, maybe puff their chest out but stay with their hands by their sides trying to show defiance in the face of aggression (freeze). This usually ends very badly for them

Moral of the story - most people have absolutely no idea how to fight, or what they would do in a fight.

Great example of some guy pulling a preying mantis stance when he clearly doesn't even know kung fu, but it's enough to get reaction 1 and 2 out of his opponent - the seeds of doubt were planted, and there was only going to be one outcome -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MvvmPvhNVcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
(18 November 2012, 12:37)HunterNurturer Wrote:

Of course choose very carefully on whom you will pull this move. It may just backfire on you...!

Very true on just about anyone who has no training.
When you take a step forward, 1 of 3 things will happen 99% of the time -
1) They will step back (flight)
2) They'll raise their arms slightly and possibly go for the idiotic "shove" that tends to be the catalyst for fights in the playground - most people have no combat experience past the playground, and this tends to stick with people (fight)
3) They will stand dead still, maybe puff their chest out but stay with their hands by their sides trying to show defiance in the face of aggression (freeze). This usually ends very badly for them

Moral of the story - most people have absolutely no idea how to fight, or what they would do in a fight.

Great example of some guy pulling a preying mantis stance when he clearly doesn't even know kung fu, but it's enough to get reaction 1 and 2 out of his opponent - the seeds of doubt were planted, and there was only going to be one outcome -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MvvmPvhNVcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hmm that didn't embed, so just use this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvvmPvhNVcg
18 November 2012, 12:50,
RE: Bluffing that worked
had an arguement with a #rick in a landrover a few years ago, on a single track road where i had the right of way, he roared up in front of me and wouldnt reverse, so i just sat there, turned off the engine and folded my arms...i was in no rush-he obviously was! after a while he got out, pulled my door open and started making personal remarks...something about my rings and the state of my teeth-something like that. i just ignored him, eventually he got back into his vehicle, reversed up and we drove past.Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.