Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neat 100 litre water buts at Argos
20 November 2012, 00:45,
RE: Neat 100 litre water buts at Argos
I am in a block of flats so I want to have at least 2000 (if I can get the water bags and butts that I want) liters to see me and 5 others through the first 4 - 6 weeks of a crisis. After that things could become quiet enough to allow us to venture out to either collect more or allow us time to collect rain water to replace what we would have used.
Still working on the filter system.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
20 November 2012, 08:05,
(19 November 2012, 23:39)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(19 November 2012, 22:46)Terro Wrote: Just a quick question from a newbie?
What would you use the collected rain water for? Would or could you filter it for drinking water or just use for cleaning ect? O n how long could you store the water if for drinking?

If you cannot purify or filter it or boil it then it gets used for laundry, flushing loos and watering gardens, but most of us have kit or stuff to filter / purify water collected from the roof guttering so we can wash, cook and drink it.

Mine shares the same shelf as my plastic Berkfield water filter setup.

But on this instance I have bought the butt just to store extra tap water in case of an emergency, so it wont be getting connected to any gutters until we are well into a crisis

Thanks I always wondered if possible to filter n drink rain water

20 November 2012, 09:28,
Just a word of thanks to NR. I just found more space where I can store about 6 water gallons each of 200 litres! Woo hooo!
Only snag is that they will be in an outside storage area that would be easily overran when the SHTF and some sheeple got to know there was water in that storage shed.
Need to keep thinking further on this...
20 November 2012, 11:11, (This post was last modified: 20 November 2012, 11:14 by NorthernRaider.)
(20 November 2012, 08:05)Terro Wrote: Thanks I always wondered if possible to filter n drink rain water

Look up the British Berkfield gravity water filter, you could ( though not reccomended) crap and pee in it and you would get nowt but drinking water out of it.

Theres a very good article in the water section showing you how to make your own very high quality water filter, After TSHTF most of us will be relying on roof water to survive. Remember that in the UK over 95 % of all tap water supplies are fed by electrically driven pumps.

Buy or build yerself a good filter using super ser filter candles from Avonsoft, you will wonder why you ever drank the foul tasting piss that comes out of the tap.
(20 November 2012, 09:28)Mandlaka Wrote: Just a word of thanks to NR. I just found more space where I can store about 6 water gallons each of 200 litres! Woo hooo!
Only snag is that they will be in an outside storage area that would be easily overran when the SHTF and some sheeple got to know there was water in that storage shed.
Need to keep thinking further on this...

Wrap em up and store 5 of em empty, perhaps in your loft??, Then get emn out as political situation develops.

You may be interested in the WATER BOB off E bay, its a poly bladder that lives in your bath and you can fill it and keep in in your bath if TSHTF, holds about 200 litres or more.

20 November 2012, 15:53,
or you could get a couple of these Mandlaka:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Butt-200...2321986906

you could have them put away until trouble looks to be on its way, get them out and let them fill or even prefill with a slow hose at night while you have running water.

not a permanent solution, they obviously won't last as long as rigid thick butts but they could bulk out your storage for the first year of a crisis or until things quite down long enough to replace them.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
20 November 2012, 16:06,
The suggestions from you gents now mean that I can have a lot more water stored more safely than I thought!

Yeeeee hah!!!

Thank you much much much!