Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best bug out shelter ?????
19 November 2012, 14:06,
RE: The best bug out shelter ?????
(19 November 2012, 13:54)Scythe13 Wrote: This concept keeps popping up, and I always slam it, because it's a fricking huge bean can! But I genuinely like the way these ones look.

I keep coming back and looking at the pictures. Yes I'm vain. But who cares?!?! These look much more liveable than most others I've seen.

I'm a little concerned about the toilet water and what happens there!

compost the solids and use the liquid 5parts water to 1 other part and water your plants with it.its called nitrogen and we each have an unlimited supply.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 November 2012, 14:34,
(19 November 2012, 13:54)Scythe13 Wrote: This concept keeps popping up, and I always slam it, because it's a fricking huge bean can! But I genuinely like the way these ones look.

I keep coming back and looking at the pictures. Yes I'm vain. But who cares?!?! These look much more liveable than most others I've seen.

FFS your piss and shit are first rate fertilisers, put a tiny reed bed pond in and the reads absorb out truly nasty and the water coming out the other end can water your crops or wash your car.

19 November 2012, 17:25,
(19 November 2012, 14:34)NorthernRaider Wrote:

FFS your piss and shit are first rate fertilisers, put a tiny reed bed pond in and the reads absorb out truly nasty and the water coming out the other end can water your crops or wash your car.

I'm not asking what we can do with them. I'm just wondering whether the system has anything to deal with it, built in? If not, I'd pop to a black water septic tank, with solar breakdown, and underground overflows into (as you've rightly said) plant beds.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 November 2012, 21:13,
They are no bother to move around with a tractor / front end loader and chains or a 4x4 and chains if you can stop them from digging in.
19 November 2012, 21:56,
I thought about one, they would make great garages,.. and possibly become the perfect Faraday cage
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 November 2012, 22:14, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2012, 22:16 by NorthernRaider.)
(19 November 2012, 21:56)Highlander Wrote: I thought about one, they would make great garages,.. and possibly become the perfect Faraday cage

Yup very few holes to fill in and you have a half decent faraday cage, so long as now inside is touching the walls Smile, trouble is you can hardly get a car door open wide enough when they are in the container.
(19 November 2012, 17:25)Scythe13 Wrote:
(19 November 2012, 14:34)NorthernRaider Wrote:

I'm not asking what we can do with them. I'm just wondering whether the system has anything to deal with it, built in? If not, I'd pop to a black water septic tank, with solar breakdown, and underground overflows into (as you've rightly said) plant beds.

Usually site cabins with integral bogs and kitchens have to be connected to the drain system, otherwise its portaloos, PS sorry for me misunderstanding your question.