• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If NR had to live in London?
20 November 2012, 10:08,
RE: If NR had to live in London?
Oh....
Thanks for clarifying that for me.
I told you I was missing something! Smile

Point taken and very duly noted.
If my neighbour on the top floor buggers off and leaves her flat I intend to commandeer it when SHTF. The top floor is possibly blockable after an event so I could possibly take 2 flats if there were enough of us to do it. That way the roof is accessible only by us...

Hmmm still thinking...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
20 November 2012, 10:15,
If you might have to bug out on foot, check out some urban exploration sites. There might be some tunnels or forgoton aboute routes you can use
20 November 2012, 10:43,
(20 November 2012, 10:08)Mandlaka Wrote: Oh....
Thanks for clarifying that for me.
I told you I was missing something! Smile

Point taken and very duly noted.
If my neighbour on the top floor buggers off and leaves her flat I intend to commandeer it when SHTF. The top floor is possibly blockable after an event so I could possibly take 2 flats if there were enough of us to do it. That way the roof is accessible only by us...

Hmmm still thinking...

Try befriending her, and bringing her into your prepers group
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 November 2012, 11:48,
(20 November 2012, 09:53)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(20 November 2012, 00:12)Mandlaka Wrote: But at the risk of sounding an idiot, why would you not connect the antenna wire to your apartment if you were on the top floor? I am probably missing something good here.

Someone else gains access to roof (now) Council worker / landlord or nosey neighbour and follows the coax back to your flat , now knows you have valuable radio kit so what else do you have??. Someone else gains access to the roof (afterTSHTF) looking for water in the tanks or rooftop gardens to raid, Survivalist, Thief, Looter, Govt officer follows the coax back to your flat, knows you have valuable radio kit so what else do you have ? Imagine in WW2 if the French, Dutch, Danish or Norwegian resistance put up an antenna to get broadcasts or send messages to London and left the coax in place, along comes the Geheime staats feldpolizi and follows the coax back to the restistance cells house.
(20 November 2012, 00:15)TheFalcon Wrote: oh no i live in london and ive just realised that i need to do more a lot more
i hate living in this cess pool of filth

I'll repost my bits n pieces on urban prep , maybe snippets you can use.

i would be grateful for that northernraider thanks
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
20 November 2012, 12:18,
I posted it in Threats

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=3379

20 November 2012, 13:28,
thank you very much northernraider
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
22 November 2012, 21:41,
(19 November 2012, 23:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: If NR had to live in London?
© NR 2012

(7) Would obtain high quality *LUL route map and *London Canal and Waterways map, I would recce every possible BO route frequently, Also plot the route of all power pylons out of the city.

silly question, what is the purpose of plotting the pylons out of the city?
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
22 November 2012, 21:48,
(22 November 2012, 21:41)Ranger Wrote:
© NR 2012

(7) Would obtain high quality *LUL route map and *London Canal and Waterways map, I would recce every possible BO route frequently, Also plot the route of all power pylons out of the city.

I'm guess that you could use them as a route out of the city that avoids roads that could be gridlock i.e if you know where they go you can just follow them out of town

22 November 2012, 22:58,
(22 November 2012, 21:41)Ranger Wrote:
© NR 2012

Look at your OS map it shows the routes the lines of pylons take, so you can follow them out of the city, and you dont have to be right next to em either cos they are so tall, this allows you the choice of following a route whilst staying concealled.

22 November 2012, 23:49, (This post was last modified: 23 November 2012, 00:24 by Mandlaka.)
The pylons route would be the best for me.
From what I have seen thus far on some maps.

Brilliant tip, NR.
Thanks.

(20 November 2012, 10:43)Highlander Wrote: Try befriending her, and bringing her into your prepers group

NO WAY, JOSE (my second little general taught me that!)!!!

She is a party animal who has too many visitors to her flat.
Sisters, friends, cousins and the like.
She is a huge danger to OPSEC and I might as well throw all my efforts down the drain if I recruit her.
She is a nice person but has way too many folks coming and going and she looks like one of those sheeple who want to spend their dosh on transitory things and do nothing to prep.
When TSHTF, she may well be one of those hordes of clueless, unprepared, vulnerable, hungry, cold, tired, thirsty and destitute female sheeple who will have to whore themselves for a small tin of beans.
I tried broaching the issue to my neighbour, a well mannered 23 year old guy who shares his flat with his mum. He listened but then came back with the excuse of his being a part-time student in part time work and in debt so he could not prep. Once he spoke like that I ruled him out as a potential team member. If he does not prep, he will end up dead with the other sheeple.
Now I need to keep looking for my new doggie...Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.