Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would be your top pocket items?
27 November 2012, 00:28,
RE: What would be your top pocket items?
mine is close to NRs ........there i go again ......licking arse.... but true
27 November 2012, 10:07,
(27 November 2012, 00:28)Straight Shooter Wrote: mine is close to NRs ........there i go again ......licking arse.... but true

How does it taste? Haha

All joking aside, I do need to get me some glow stick lights. I was thinking of the red ones, to keep night vision normal, but I'm not sure how good they'd be at illuminating the area I was trying to get through.

Any help?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 November 2012, 12:39, (This post was last modified: 27 November 2012, 12:45 by NorthernRaider.)
You use the red ones as you say for very very close map reading at night, or for signalling air support or as distress
Use white ones instead of torches to light tents, camps or rooms or instead of candles if there is a risk from fire.
Mine are 8 and ten inch in length, similar to the one Mandy lists but I grind the flat foot narrower so it lives more comfy in pocket. My own choice of design is very similar to the image with a goatsfoot head but I ground the other end down to only about 1/2 inch wide.
I also use Gerber Artifacts as pocket prybar tool

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerber-22-41770-...678&sr=8-1

27 November 2012, 12:49, (This post was last modified: 27 November 2012, 12:50 by Scythe13.)
Sorry NR, but I still can't figure them out. From the looks of them, you could get so little purchase on those little prybars, that they seem like a waste of time. Have you tested one out yet, of have you not needed to use it yet?

I love the idea of a prybar...but not the mini ones. My BOB has a small crowbar in it. That gives plenty of purchase and leverage, but for the small ones, I just don't get them. In principle they make sense, but never seen one in practice....which is why I'm so sceptical about them.

Even the youtube videos I've seen are very basic reviews and only involve prying a nail up from a piece of wood....but the guy struggled with his fat fingers haha.
Its like the wrecking bar, the Annihilator (think that's the name). I loved it, but then saw the video of it breaking and decided against it.

Any worth watching videos for the mini-pry's would be appreciated. But so far, I've not found any.
27 November 2012, 12:57,
Sheesh you take some teaching Smile my artifact is the tool I use to strip and assemble various items such as my air rifle ( well my sons air rifle then), I use it on the BOV to unscrew the screws holding the lights in , I use the razor sharft craft knife for cutting and digging spelks out of my fingers as well as for opening mail, I use the bottle opener to open bottles IE the Cyder I'm having right now with my din dins. I last used its mini pry bar last winter when the rain froze the door on the BOV solidly shut in Durham, I got the extra leverage I needed with the artifact prying the door whilst I pulled on the handle. Its leverage, its craft quality cutting, its a bottle opener, its a ferking great knuckle duster as well.

27 November 2012, 15:51,
I think I will get one as well as a pry bar that will fit into my bag...

The clarification is muchly appreciated.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
27 November 2012, 15:58, (This post was last modified: 27 November 2012, 16:02 by Prepper1.)
Lock picking kit for those delicate jobs.

36" bolt croppers.

Large lump hammer.

large wrecking bar.

Not very "pocket" but handy none the less for the locksmiths out there.

Not for me see, just in case I ever came across a locksmith down on his luck post shtf.
Also as N.R. said all handy tools for servicing the air rifle.
At least that's what the Armorers in the Army use... Snigger... Tee hee....TongueTongueTongueTongue
OOOOO, dont forget Duck tape, the proper stuff with the duck inside the roll not the cheap shi*
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 November 2012, 16:05,
Prepper1, redo that post.

When you say "not really pocket" you mean to say "As far from pocket items as I could get"

Redo it with things that will fit into a pocket, not things longer than my inside leg measurement! Haha
27 November 2012, 16:12, (This post was last modified: 27 November 2012, 16:18 by Prepper1.)
Ha !!! my knobs out for a start then!!!!!
I cant help liking big man tools...
Why use a leatherman when a machete will do?

Why use a key when you can drive a 4x4 through the doors....
Hang on I just read that bit about me liking big man tools....

thats not what I meant damn it.HuhHuh
I mean, errrr large manly type constuction type things...
there, thats better...Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 November 2012, 16:20,
(27 November 2012, 16:12)Prepper1 Wrote: Ha !!! my knobs out for a start then!!!!!
I cant help liking big man tools...
Why use a leatherman when a machete will do?

Why use a key when you can drive a 4x4 through the doors....
Hang on I just read that bit about me liking big man tools....

thats not what I meant damn it.HuhHuh
I mean, errrr large manly type constuction type things...
there, thats better...Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

you sound like me use a sledgehammer to crack an egg lol