Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would be your top pocket items?
27 November 2012, 16:34,
RE: What would be your top pocket items?
(27 November 2012, 12:39)NorthernRaider Wrote: You use the red ones as you say for very very close map reading at night, or for signalling air support or as distress

There you go, proof finaly that N>R is as rich as sin..he's got his own air support....Big GrinBig Grin
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 November 2012, 17:05,
(27 November 2012, 16:12)Prepper1 Wrote: Ha !!! my knobs out for a start then!!!!!

We are not discussing microscopic and sub atmic sized items .

27 November 2012, 19:06,
Sorry about Pepper1's shrunken anatomy (don't worry it really is all about quality not quanitity ;p )but THANK YOU for the thread! I've just posted a dumb beginner question in kits and here is the answer. Just hope the Ice Age holds off long enough for me to collect what I need!
27 November 2012, 19:30,
(27 November 2012, 19:06)Ferret Wrote: Sorry about Pepper1's shrunken anatomy (don't worry it really is all about quality not quanitity ;p )but THANK YOU for the thread! I've just posted a dumb beginner question in kits and here is the answer. Just hope the Ice Age holds off long enough for me to collect what I need!

Its not a dumb thread, every time someone posts wether its old or new I learn something. Carnt help with a bov as I dont drive
27 November 2012, 19:50,
The only dumb questions in prepping are those that go unasked.

27 November 2012, 21:12,
Hoy, stop trying to distract from the fact you've got air support n.r.....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
28 November 2012, 00:05,
(27 November 2012, 10:07)Scythe13 Wrote:
(27 November 2012, 00:28)Straight Shooter Wrote: mine is close to NRs ........there i go again ......licking arse.... but true

How does it taste? Haha

All joking aside, I do need to get me some glow stick lights. I was thinking of the red ones, to keep night vision normal, but I'm not sure how good they'd be at illuminating the area I was trying to get through.

Any help?

I have loads of Cyalume lightsticks... the Green ones last for 12 hours and give a good light to about two three metres,... Yellow ones they say they last 30 minutes, but I find they last at least twice as long, and are good light for lighting camp sites or cooking areas,... Blue ones they last 8 hours,..and give a light to about a metre,.. and red ones last 12 hours and dont give a lot of light, but would be enough to move around ground if you took your time

Although you cant see too far with some of the colors,.. the same colors can be seen from quiet a way off,...I know this because they are great for hanging onto tent guy ropes so you can find your tent after a wander off
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 November 2012, 00:13,
(28 November 2012, 00:05)Highlander Wrote:
(27 November 2012, 10:07)Scythe13 Wrote: All joking aside, I do need to get me some glow stick lights. I was thinking of the red ones, to keep night vision normal, but I'm not sure how good they'd be at illuminating the area I was trying to get through.

Any help?

I have loads of Cyalume lightsticks... the Green ones last for 12 hours and give a good light to about two three metres,... Yellow ones they say they last 30 minutes, but I find they last at least twice as long, and are good light for lighting camp sites or cooking areas,... Blue ones they last 8 hours,..and give a light to about a metre,.. and red ones last 12 hours and dont give a lot of light, but would be enough to move around ground if you took your time

Although you cant see too far with some of the colors,.. the same colors can be seen from quiet a way off,...I know this because they are great for hanging onto tent guy ropes so you can find your tent after a wander off

Nice one. Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking it would only be worth getting some for location/rescue/signalling reasons. Anything else, just use my torch.

Really appreciate all the help guys....yes even you NR.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 November 2012, 07:58,
Bit new to all this but I think it incredibly hard to think of stuff that you could get in your pocket. Even or basic shelters you ideally need.

Ball of para cord
Lump hammer
Folding hand saw
Tent pegs
Tarp

Then-
Food
First aid
Fire making kit and backup kit
Serrated knife
Normal knife
Utility knife bushcraft type
Utility tool
water purifying kit
Utensils/mess tins
Bedding
Spare clothes
Waterproofs
Wash kit
Small axe

Just my opinion but if I get chance to grab my jacket it's never too far from a well stocked bag, could double up and keep one in your car too for if your at work and get caught out.
30 November 2012, 09:40,
(30 November 2012, 07:58)UncleFester Wrote: Bit new to all this but I think it incredibly hard to think of stuff that you could get in your pocket. Even or basic shelters you ideally need.

Ball of para cord
Lump hammer
Folding hand saw
Tent pegs
Tarp

Then-
Food
First aid
Fire making kit and backup kit
Serrated knife
Normal knife
Utility knife bushcraft type
Utility tool
water purifying kit
Utensils/mess tins
Bedding
Spare clothes
Waterproofs
Wash kit
Small axe

Just my opinion but if I get chance to grab my jacket it's never too far from a well stocked bag, could double up and keep one in your car too for if your at work and get caught out.

Your pockets are as big as Prepper1's pockets mate.

The idea is that you'd also have your bag with you. If something bad happens, I'd want to transfer certain items to my pockets from my bag. The question is which items would you take? Also, consider that something might happen, and you have to leave your bag, but you still have whatever is in your pockets.
What would those items be?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin