Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW WOULD YOU FAIR
27 November 2012, 04:09,
RE: HOW WOULD YOU FAIR
Count yourself lucky BDG.

27 November 2012, 08:42,
No-one can say they will always be ok,.. we could have something going on inside us now, or in ten years time,... these things tend to creep up on us no matter how fit we try to keep ourselves, if we are ok now, then we can only say...` ok so far`
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 November 2012, 09:27,
life tends to creep up on you BDG ...and when your not looking UPPERCUT....but this post is about how can you prepare ....even if its a short time .....in my case to gain time to impart survival skills and plans to my group, i already know where i,m at and where i,ll end up......HOW DO YOU GET MORE MEDICATIONS IS MY POINT
27 November 2012, 09:43,
Meds are not a issue for us at the moment but if the SHTF big time the long term I can see issues ahead for everybody

I'm relatively new to the prepping and whilst I'm focusing on food store in case either me or the OH are out of work. I'm more than thinking about other scenarios and will be working to towards them also

But if something did happen that resulted in a total failure of the current world as we know it the lifestyles changes needed will help in some respects.

the big issues would be infections and from what I've read it is possible to stock up on antibiotics and learn some of the herbal type remedies

If other problems then if it a sudden end of the world (unlikely) the best bet would be hitting the chemists in your area and hoping to get as much as possible. Not sure how you could stock pile if it's a slow collapse

one thing about the average upper age of the the human race will plummet

27 November 2012, 09:58,
IF I remember right made up doses of Anti Biotics have a expracy date before they are rendered useless, but some antibiotics can be obtained in powder form and made up by adding water when needed ?? I think. Currently I stock a few broad range anti biotics obtained from Vets, Fish medicines from Amazon, From Expedition suppliers etc

27 November 2012, 10:14,
if your on some kind of medication like blood pressure or maybe Thyroid then get your repeats in early and get a supply that way, even after TSHTF you wont actually die without them, maybe a shorter life span but it wont actually kill you.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 November 2012, 10:17,
(27 November 2012, 00:17)Metroyeti Wrote:
(26 November 2012, 23:55)Scythe13 Wrote: I know that a lot of preppers have health issues, like high cholesterol.

Personally, I've currently got an infected nail that I'm self treating (a brilliant skill I started at uni.....while bored) it by injecting Savlon through a hypodermic needle under my nail. It's doing a great job so far! Have some Cura-Nail stuff somewhere, but it's like £25 to buy over the counter!!! So self medication can save lots of money too haha.

where do you get the syringes?

Just go to your local drug centre or Needle Exchange centre and say you need some pots and pins. You hand over your initials and postcode, but that's it. Then you can get LOADS of stuff....for free!!!! One of my favourite items you can get is Alcohol Swabs! Sooooo useful, not just for injecting!

I'd recommend getting 1ml 2ml and 5ml pots. For pins, I prefer to go with orange, blue, and green. If you say orange, they'll usually give you some vitamin C stuff too (something to do with heroin), and you might even be able to get a small first aid kit (I've not tried to get it, but had it offered to me once, before I was a prepper).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 November 2012, 12:53,
(27 November 2012, 00:17)Metroyeti Wrote:
(26 November 2012, 23:55)Scythe13 Wrote: I know that a lot of preppers have health issues, like high cholesterol.

Personally, I've currently got an infected nail that I'm self treating (a brilliant skill I started at uni.....while bored) it by injecting Savlon through a hypodermic needle under my nail. It's doing a great job so far! Have some Cura-Nail stuff somewhere, but it's like £25 to buy over the counter!!! So self medication can save lots of money too haha.

where do you get the syringes?

They're left over from his days of lady boy crack addict.....TongueTongueTongueTongue
I've seem the pics of him online...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 November 2012, 15:51,
My freind went to get some when he was into bodybuilding, said he stuck out like a sore thumb amongst junkies and the place stunk like piss
27 November 2012, 16:44,
I guess the same could be said for condoms & assorted sexual health stuff - just pop down to your local GUM clinic Smile