Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Skin Moisturiser?
29 November 2012, 00:19,
RE: Natural Skin Moisturiser?
What's the difference with rape oil & sunflower oil like? In terms of health benefits I mean.

Cabbage = not unless I'm dying of starvation. Literally can't stomach it.
29 November 2012, 00:53,
RE: Natural Skin Moisturiser?
(29 November 2012, 00:19)Geordie_Rob Wrote: What's the difference with rape oil & sunflower oil like? In terms of health benefits I mean.

Cabbage = not unless I'm dying of starvation. Literally can't stomach it.

6 times the omega 6 fatty acids and 500 times the omega 3 fatty acids in rape oil as compared to general sunflower oil (although sunflower seeds eaten whole are a decent source, but if you are going to eat seeds, flax seeds will be much better). Sunflower oil was a much better performer in the past than it is now - in general - due to changes in plant breeding to change the end product. If you buy sunflower oil labeled as linoleic, this is what you want if you really want sunflower oil, however, it may not be in stock everywhere and it may cost more.

When you stick with rape oil, you do not have to chase any particular type or brand.

Cabbage is amazing food and I would encourage you to train yourself to eat it - perhaps start with white and red in coleslaw or as a kebab type salad?