Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rabbiting
3 December 2012, 23:58,
RE: Rabbiting
... not sure,.. but I think they have always been native,... there was certainly a shortage of them a few years back, hense the animal being protected, but since that protection has been in force they have grown in numbers greatly,..and as I said have become one of the biggest pests around here,.... and they are the most nasty animals you can come across, they will kill for pleasure, ....going through a chicken coup killing as many as they can,... not to be messed with
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 December 2012, 00:24,
RE: Rabbiting
(1 December 2012, 09:29)UncleFester Wrote:
(30 November 2012, 13:27)T-oddity Wrote:
(29 November 2012, 22:25)UncleFester Wrote: Snaring is the way to go if don't want to worry about running out pellets, bullets or your springs breaking or having to pump up your pcp. Just set them check them regularly and enjoy some bunny!

This is the way I'm intending to go, just bought a load of gear from Fourteenacre to make my own snares, I havn't got the free time to go shooting these days so hoping to try my hand with the snares.

Trapworks uk are good for snaring kit, I've got rabbit and fox snares in my kit it's also worth getting books on deadfalls and other traps, I'll dig some out and write the names of a the ones I've got if anyone wants.
(30 November 2012, 10:25)Scythe13 Wrote: Can't believe I'm having to sneak read this thread. This is my first secret from the wife. First and only....other than when I start popping off bunnies!!!

If your wife doesn't like the idea of you shooting rabbits don't do it, a wise man would join a clay shooting club and take her along to show her that you an own a gun without hurting furry things and that it can be fun, then when she's come round to the idea and let's you get your gun you've always got the means to get rabbits if you need to.

No point lying and sneaking if you can own it for a not killing reason and avoid falling out.

Or get yourself a whippet some ferrets and some nets and bobs your uncle me and my tribe love our little ferreting days out and lamping trips at night Shy