Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rabbiting
29 November 2012, 09:34,
RE: Rabbiting
(29 November 2012, 08:48)Highlander Wrote: If you go for the CO2 isnt that a canister that will run out quickly?

This is something I've thought about for a while as well.

Turns out, they last for a while if stored properly. With them being so cheap, it's not really a problem. Think about how many shots you'd take to knock out a rabbit? Preferably just the 1. With practice in the mean time, you'll be looking at much fewer canisters than you first expected.

I've heard the .177cal is a much better stopper for rabbits. The higher calibers have a lower terminal velocity, and thus have a smaller penetrative ability. Granted the increase in weight has a heavier impact, but the lower trajectory, smoother flight, greater penetration, all suggests to me that a .177 would be better for rabbiting. Oh, and that's what everyone around here has said, even 2 range owners.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 November 2012, 10:19,
CO2 capsules are affected by the weather, you will get LESS shots out of it in cold weather!with a springer you can cock and shoot all day.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 10:19,
(29 November 2012, 09:30)Barneyboy Wrote: hw77 pal bloody good gun that got one my self.

Snap. With a Richter 3-9x50 AOE scope and Deben Tracer lamp and battery. Had the HW77 for about 18 years, the lamp that I bought originally had something near the size of a car battery that you had to carry around. The Deben battery pack weighs nothing and fits in a pouch on the stock.

Put a new spring and seals in three years ago I think it is now so you get a good number of years out of one. If you wanted, you could put a couple of spring and seal sets away, lot easier to repair than a pneumatic.
29 November 2012, 10:43,
logun domin8er .
29 November 2012, 10:57,
Ferret and nets and a jack russell for any that manage to get away just mind out both bite and don't get a pole cat unless your going to handle him everyday evil little buggers at best.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
29 November 2012, 11:19,
I rescued a polecat called her miss bitey as she had never been handled and liked to run across the room and jump to latch onto your hands
29 November 2012, 11:30,
Their evil little buggers had one latch onto my little finger took two men to get it off still got the scar he bit down to the bone.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
29 November 2012, 13:44,
(29 November 2012, 09:34)Scythe13 Wrote:
(29 November 2012, 08:48)Highlander Wrote: If you go for the CO2 isnt that a canister that will run out quickly?

This is something I've thought about for a while as well.

Turns out, they last for a while if stored properly. With them being so cheap, it's not really a problem. Think about how many shots you'd take to knock out a rabbit? Preferably just the 1. With practice in the mean time, you'll be looking at much fewer canisters than you first expected.

I've heard the .177cal is a much better stopper for rabbits. The higher calibers have a lower terminal velocity, and thus have a smaller penetrative ability. Granted the increase in weight has a heavier impact, but the lower trajectory, smoother flight, greater penetration, all suggests to me that a .177 would be better for rabbiting. Oh, and that's what everyone around here has said, even 2 range owners.

dont start that one whats best 177 or 22 that will go on for ever ,for me for hunting 22 for sub 12 ft lb stopping power more wieght but some will say 177 each to there own
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
29 November 2012, 13:45, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2012, 14:44 by ObongoPox.)
Fur or feather;.22 Eley Wasp does them all.CO2 is too faddy and fashion-accessory(ish).Sounds like that's it's intended purpose,anyway...Springers = noisier,but never been a problem.Good silencer helps.
Its[sic]
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
29 November 2012, 16:06,
some thoughts on the subject: http://www.survivallife.com/2012/11/12/1716/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.