Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
dec 2012
13 September 2011, 14:02,
RE: dec 2012
I don't really believe in any of these prophecies and such but at the rate trends are going it doesn't look good for 2012.
30 September 2011, 09:12,
IMHO, December 2012 is going to be another January 1st 2000 Y2K ......... a non-event.

The only thing I will be prepping for in December 2012 is Christmas.
British by birth, English by the grace of God.

Every morning, I wake up and thank God I am an Englishman!
1 October 2011, 14:15,
Hi new to the site and fairly new to prepping Wink

Its something that been running around in my head for years, Ive had survival tin since I was 11... With the talk of 2012 I came online to find out more and have come up with my own personal feelings.

2012 may or may not be the year it goes tits up. All I feel sure of is that it will go wrong at some time. Shortly after beginning research was the Japan earthquake and tsunami. Couple that with recent history of New Zealand, Haiti and way back to Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans and it shows it can happen to anyone, anywhere. If you're going to be prepared for a disaster or TEOTWAWKI you need to be prepared all the time.
1 October 2011, 14:51,
Tom,

Welcome. I think you will find this site, and others like it, will help you get prepared for any survivable eventuality. If you need help just ask.

It isn't just environmental disasters though so there is a lot to learn.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 October 2011, 21:48,
Thanks for the welcome skean Wink
Always a lot to learn and the more you learn the more questions you have! Smile
2 October 2011, 10:25,
Isn't that always the way.

I'm sure someone has an answer to every question you can think of. Thats what the site is about. Sharing information.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 October 2011, 19:52,
I don't buy this 2012 stuff at all.

The thing is though, why are we preparing if we don't believe that something may happen at some unknown date in the future? It could be economic, social, environmental, war or even, as crazy as it sounds, doomsday. We don't know what the future holds, but we should be ready and prepared for any eventuality. So, even though I don't buy 2012, I will be ready if things do go pear shaped. Just in case.
4 November 2012, 19:51,
to be honest, TEOTWAWKI can happen at any point. it may not be in December 2012.
question everything or believe anything
4 November 2012, 20:06,
Not sure on this one yes the old civilisations were clued up about things. Its just the way it will finish on the shortest day of the year maybe an normal day.
Ive another theory the guy doing it run out of paper or it was a good place to stop for tea.
Yes im taking it seriously things are getting packed in the trailer and we have moved the caravan to a better location.
Failure is NOT an option
4 November 2012, 20:17,
I thought the world ended last October and last may according to Harold Camping ??