Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
dec 2012
4 November 2012, 20:17,
RE: dec 2012
The Mayans predicted a lot of things that have happened in the solar system... however the end of the world is not one of their predictions... they predict a cosmic allignment of sun moon and various planets in 2012. This calendar was the last calendar they made... but a lot of the Mayan artifacts were destroyed by various other 'tribes' or possibly the Christians/pilgrims and it is not actually known if they made another calendar... and if they didn't its also possible they didn't because they just didn't get round to it... afterall they haven't exsited for 3000 years or so.
4 November 2012, 20:21,
Didn't they also predict that New York was going to flood in October 2012?

“When an empire fears for its survival, its prime has passed.”
4 November 2012, 20:22,
He probably died. It was his job to record a calendar and when he popped off his boss said, 'he got where? Thats 5000 years away so we have a bit of leeway', then there was a government cut and the job got shelved. Like all government jobs nobody noticed it wasn't being done and so we end up here. The end of the world because somone couldn't be bothered booking more days.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 November 2012, 20:32,
For anyone on here planning to die this December, if you would kindly transfer all your cash into my account, I'll look after it during the apocalypse Smile
4 November 2012, 20:34,
(4 November 2012, 20:21)Sichr20 Wrote: Didn't they also predict that New York was going to flood in October 2012?

I don't actually know but would say it's unlikely as NY didn't exsist then and the Maya largely predicted events in the solar system.
4 November 2012, 21:16,
what is hard for people to come to terms with IS how could they ( the mayans ) have such advanced maths that we cannot equal NOW with all our computors , the alignment they speak of is of the dead center of the milkyway in relation to our solar system, which the date 21-12-2012 is all about ...if our modern day scientists new of an event thats coming do you think they would let us all know.. they will but at the last possible minute... there will be no chance for the masses.... why are all the planets in our solar system heating up YES all there,s no cars or power stations on the moon or mars ..... something is affecting ALL planets ...and its not just the mayans its recorded in other cultures around the globe check it out for yourselves, look at all the earthquakes, weather patterns,floods , solar flairs , how much more evidence do we all need , i think we are in it whatever in it means........the thing is as preppers its no good prepping for one thing and not for the whole thing.. why bother if you A can,t see it coming or B don,t beleve its coming or C well i am prepping for disorder and thats me done. pole shift, hit by a rock, nuclear war, social unrest ,to me it does not matter ... so prepp for all if you can... and thats what i am trying to do... you got to give it your best shot... and we are there already with most of our preperations anyway, this site is life or death for loads of people , there,s great stuff on here to help all....TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE FRIENDS and you don,t have to even agree with my or anyones views its just a perception take it or leave it , its your choice that matters
5 November 2012, 00:51,
I think something could well happen.

Is it based on fact......only if it comes true. If it doesn't happen, then it's not fact.
Is it based on science.......not our current science, however, even our current science does suggest it's likely.
Is it based on hope.......partially. Not that I hope people will die, but I hope I'm prepping for an event I get to see.
Is it based on excitement......in part. I find that thought of an event exciting. Does that make me more inclined to believe it will happen? Yes, because I'm only human.

We will only know if something happens, when it happens.

The old saying is that the revolution will be televised. I have also heard it said 'The revolution will not be televised, it will be live'. Which suggests it won't be pre-adversited. Same as a SHTF event. It might not be pre-warned by everyone (televised) but when it happens, it shall be live!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 November 2012, 13:47, (This post was last modified: 5 November 2012, 13:49 by Prepper1.)
Theres nothing wrong with planning for it, I've taken it into account for part of my prepping plan.
If it doesn't happen then great, if it does and Ive planned then good I'll be fine ( I hope !!)

there's nothing wrong with planning for the most absurd things such as alien invasion etc....

Most likely never going to happen but wouldn't you kick yourself as a prepper if you didn't plan for it?

Imagine your family coming to you as the galactic alignment happens ( or not) and saying "now what"?

and you shrugging and saying " I dunno, I never planned for this because I didn't believe it could ever happen"...

I'd rather plan for even the most unlikely event and it pass with a whimper, than an event come to pass with a bang I'm not ready for...
I have a plan which is fluid and adaptable to change at a whim.
Plans that are rigid and inflexible snap, usually when you need them most.
Elastic, mouldable, flexible, adaptable is the way to go imho.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 November 2012, 15:52,
Thing is, why are the scientists getting so freaky about the magnetic poles flipping round?
The more I read about it the more I wonder.

Some experts think it'll be a solar flare that does it.
For us that's a massive EMP pulse so I'm thinking massive social up rest as no food, comms, or energy.

Global changes in sea levels is something to do with the moon and our poles flipping.
A lot of land has sea shells in it yet no sea so will that happen.?

The effect of the magnetic poles is apparently predictable so maybe the Mayans are right.
Not so the end of the world just the end of the world as we know it.

Besides, when loads of "learned" people start singing the same tune,
you've got to wonder if there is some truth in it haven't you?

5 November 2012, 15:59,
(8 September 2011, 09:54)Skean Dhude Wrote: Interesting. Did Germany exist back in ye olde days of predictions

I have difficulty with basing things on the Mayan calendar ending in 2012. They had to stop somewhere and I would envisage that they sat back and thought 3000 years should cover it for now. If our species survives someone will pick it up and document some more. Should we leave a note?

What they don't say is that the calendar has ended 3 times before. But if the Ptb wanted to wipe out a whole load of us then weaving conspiracys that all say the same thing and ripping the piss out of the ones who question is a ploy that I can see being used all over.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!