Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal Callsigns
9 December 2012, 00:03, (This post was last modified: 9 December 2012, 00:07 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Universal Callsigns
(8 December 2012, 23:14)Shaysdad99 Wrote: sounds interesting what is it ?

Not keeping you out of the loop,sorry for the slow response, it could be very useful for us all, but my technical skills on radio tech is limited I'm not perfect like MA, So if you will forgive me I'll run it past SD at our meeting next week and see if its likely to be of use to the main group and if so how best to apply it ( he is better at stuff like that than I am). Its ideal for my own groups needs but may be unsuitable for the main group so i'll chew it over with SD and he can decide, At least I've got my radio bits covered now ( until SD finds fault with it as he inevitably does Smile )
NR
AL if your reading again Smile I can still access 29.600 35I and 25 through 29.8 without hitting the UK 10 meter frequencies using this system, but still chewing over your recomendaton for the UV3 NR

9 December 2012, 00:11,
NR, I'm so pleased to hear that after your " 35 years of solid survivalism and prepping" you have your comms now sorted out for your own group! Big Grin
9 December 2012, 00:15,
(9 December 2012, 00:11)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: NR, I'm so pleased to hear that after your " 35 years of solid survivalism and prepping" you have your comms now sorted out for your own group! Big Grin

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
9 December 2012, 00:19,
(9 December 2012, 00:11)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: NR, I'm so pleased to hear that after your " 35 years of solid survivalism and prepping" you have your comms now sorted out for your own group! Big Grin

Hey back off I've just got my new Betamax video recorder working Smile

9 December 2012, 00:23,
(9 December 2012, 00:15)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote:

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Bump! :-Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

9 December 2012, 21:56,
(8 December 2012, 23:49)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 December 2012, 23:25)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: That's what I mean about my particular generation, there are those of us that will go the extra mile and do and those that just don't because......... Confused

Yeah my mere 5000 plus posts and hundreds of rearched articles publish on dozens of forums since 2000 are pretty poor compared with your 34 posts so far, I live in awe of your greatness.

NR I don't see why MA has gotten you to see red.

This is not a who'd got the biggest dick competition. besides, any of us who are fully licenced will have the opportunity to run serious power, and the knowledge to operate and maintain very compex equipment
MA and other radio savy folk on here are trying to share knowledge.

I guess that any Ham who's also of the prepper / survivalist mindset has already gotten their coms systems completely covered. .. For my big- dick's-worth of bragging rights, I'm legally allowed to run up to 3.5KW, and have a radio truck that'll run 1.5Kw on HF and VHF (its radios are totally valve driven so is pretty much immune to EMP)...... but what will I be using come SHTF? The little VHF/UHF walkie talkies that have been so much discussed of late, combined with very low power portable CB capable High Frequency gear that MA's offered to support in discussions here on the SUK site...... My systems are field tested and connectable to everyone I need them to. I'm guessing from what MA has written he's in a similar position, probably even more advanced than me. We spend time on here to help anyone who wants to set up radio coms as part of their preps.

Of course no one knows everything and there's always room to learn from others through dialogue.

Personally I welcome the experience that MA is bringing to the party. Believe me, we need his input. The SUK group as a whole need MA's input. It is not helpful alienating him in the way you are doing.

By the way I'd like to also correct a statement that you've made a couple of times. Current day redio is not " Primitive" as you keep stating. This technology is at the heart of modern life. Without radio technology ther's be no calculators, mobile pnones, televisions, radios ( of course), motor cars, aircraft, CD palayers, MP3, Internet, www, and thus no means for discussion of the type we are currently engaged upon. Also, the radio equipment being discussed on this forun is more advance than most of the gear you will have gotten your hands on while you were comissioned.

The gear we are discussing is teh best value for mone near-state-of-the-art equipment available. Those of us with real knowledge are atempting to explain the real life limitations and advantages of using that gear.

As you've repeatedly stated that you consider radio coms a complete waste of time for you, can you stop diverting the discussion of those with knowledge and those seeking it.

Cheers

LS

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 December 2012, 10:45,
(9 December 2012, 21:56)Lightspeed Wrote:
(8 December 2012, 23:25)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: That's what I mean about my particular generation, there are those of us that will go the extra mile and do and those that just don't because......... Confused

Yeah my mere 5000 plus posts and hundreds of rearched articles publish on dozens of forums since 2000 are pretty poor compared with your 34 posts so far, I live in awe of your greatness.

This is not a who'd got the biggest dick competition. besides, any of us who are fully licenced will have the opportunity to run serious power, and the knowledge to operate and maintain very compex equipment

I guess that any Ham who's also of the prepper / survivalist mindset has already gotten their coms systems completely covered. .. For my big- dick's-worth of bragging rights, I'm legally allowed to run up to 3.5KW, and have a radio truck that'll run 1.5Kw on HF and VHF (its radios are totally valve driven so is pretty much immune to EMP)...... but what will I be using come SHTF? The little VHF/UHF walkie talkies that have been so much discussed of late, combined with very low power portable CB capable High Frequency gear that MA's offered to support in discussions here on the SUK site...... My systems are field tested and connectable to everyone I need them to. I'm guessing from what MA has written he's in a similar position, probably even more advanced than me. We spend time on here to help anyone who wants to set up radio coms as part of their preps.

Of course no one knows everything and there's always room to learn from others through dialogue.

Personally I welcome the experience that MA is bringing to the party. Believe me, we need his input. The SUK group as a whole need MA's input. It is not helpful alienating him in the way you are doing.

By the way I'd like to also correct a statement that you've made a couple of times. Current day redio is not " Primitive" as you keep stating. This technology is at the heart of modern life. Without radio technology ther's be no calculators, mobile pnones, televisions, radios ( of course), motor cars, aircraft, CD palayers, MP3, Internet, www, and thus no means for discussion of the type we are currently engaged upon. Also, the radio equipment being discussed on this forun is more advance than most of the gear you will have gotten your hands on while you were comissioned.

The gear we are discussing is teh best value for mone near-state-of-the-art equipment available. Those of us with real knowledge are atempting to explain the real life limitations and advantages of using that gear.

As you've repeatedly stated that you consider radio coms a complete waste of time for you, can you stop diverting the discussion of those with knowledge and those seeking it.

Cheers

LS

Thank you guys, for the support. As I've been trying to say, I'm one of the few "old fart's" from NR's generation that actually get it and I'm only trying to be helpful, friendly and share my knowledge.

I have an awful lot of friends, colleagues and indeed family that unfortunately, just don't get. That's why I bowed out of the discussion with NR..... NR, if you'd like my help you are more than welcome, if not that is not a problem either, it's your choice mate..... anyone is welcome to pick my brain's - I'm here for everyone, just ask..... HeartHeartHeart

MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
10 December 2012, 11:06,
(10 December 2012, 10:45)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote:
(9 December 2012, 21:56)Lightspeed Wrote:
(8 December 2012, 23:25)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: Bump

That's what I mean about my particular generation, there are those of us that will go the extra mile and do and those that just don't because......... Confused

Cheers

LS

Thank you guys, for the support. As I've been trying to say, I'm one of the few "old fart's" from NR's generation that actually get it and I'm only trying to be helpful, friendly and share my knowledge.

I have an awful lot of friends, colleagues and indeed family that unfortunately, just don't get. That's why I bowed out of the discussion with NR..... NR, if you'd like my help you are more than welcome, if not that is not a problem either, it's your choice mate..... anyone is welcome to pick my brain's - I'm here for everyone, just ask..... HeartHeartHeart

MA

12 December 2012, 03:49,
Just read this.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Everyone has their own priorities , please try and remember this.
That's aimed at everyone.

Not a personal dig here NR - but if you aren't a fan of radio , then avoid the comms thread because no matter what - the thing you are looking for doesnt exist ,..why make the distinction between 'channels' and frequencies ?, a 'channel' is only a short number given to a frequency within a band to make it easier to work with.

I know you are a great believer in Bows etc , I'm not , it isn't a priority for me , if it was - I would ask YOU , but I wouldn't then start arguing about the one you suggested , or the ins and outs of your choice , why I need that type of bow, why I need those type of arrows etc......

I have no need for them to start with - thats why you wont see me entering a debate on bows , your fav bow might not work for me despite everything you said about it , I might buy it and decide that I have no need for it as I haven't learned how to use it correctly , and that I am quite happy using the jonny-popper I already have.

I would accept your information as being given in the best , most helpful manner possible ,then decide whether it works for me or not , and move on - or try something else based on my own experience.

I wouldn't for a moment criticise the person that gave the info or suggestion , I would simply acknowledge that it wasn't suitable and go forward ( or backwards ) from there.

End of - no finger pointing.

For the more radio savvy - please try and remember that not everyone is clued up on this subject , no matter how much you break it down , some will still have difficulties with it , and that isn't a put-down , merely a comment from experience.

Can you all please keep the technical stuff to a minimum as of now ?
OR
Can we all accept that this is a non-mover and keep any info to PM ?

I'm all for sharing the info , but NOT when it causes friction like this !!

Anyone interested in Radio Comms - please contact whatever member you feel will help the most.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
12 December 2012, 08:51,
I dont agree with your suggestion that any more info should be restricted to PMs,.. this is a forum for open discussion,... I for one want to read all I can about comms,... because I am not yet all clued up,.....you dont have to take part
A major part of survival is invisibility.