Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMP Proof Vehicle
30 November 2012, 19:19,
RE: EMP Proof Vehicle
(30 November 2012, 19:10)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 November 2012, 19:07)bigpaul Wrote: if you have an off road motorcycle,not sure about the new ones but, a lot of the old ones can be run without a battery, any electrics come straight off the engine.

That's a good point! I had a little yamaha PW80 when I was 5. Kick start only, no battery etc. That was great fun.

Hhmmmm, I should investigate another one of those (maybe a 125 this time), obviously as a birthday present for the boy.

yes, sounds like a good idea, of course you could ride it around until he's big enough to ride it himself....like about 5 years or so!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 November 2012, 19:20,
I'll let him sit on it in the meantime.

As an aside, and off topic (sorry) does anyone know how old a child has to be to ride in a sidcar??

(30 November 2012, 19:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(30 November 2012, 19:10)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 November 2012, 19:07)bigpaul Wrote: if you have an off road motorcycle,not sure about the new ones but, a lot of the old ones can be run without a battery, any electrics come straight off the engine.

That's a good point! I had a little yamaha PW80 when I was 5. Kick start only, no battery etc. That was great fun.

Hhmmmm, I should investigate another one of those (maybe a 125 this time), obviously as a birthday present for the boy.

yes, sounds like a good idea, of course you could ride it around until he's big enough to ride it himself....like about 5 years or so!Big GrinBig Grin

12 December 2012, 06:02,
I had a rover 200 diesel last year (stupidly replaced it with the 25 diesel) that would run without a battery, the stop solenoid went so i just removed it so you had to stall it to stop it, so no electrics engine side other than the starter and alternator.
i could push it enough to get it bump started on my own, not good should i be chased by a bunch of zombies, but even if emp fried everything, it should be at least drivable, if you park it on a hill, even better.

i think you may be surprised what older stuff you could get to run without electrics with 20mins tinkering, old mercs, early defenders/discos, old pugeot/citroen diesels etc, all diesels that can usually be run on anything you can lay your hands on. i think if it came to it you could 'aquire' something pretty easily.
12 December 2012, 14:53,
(12 December 2012, 06:02)BillyTheKid Wrote: I had a rover 200 diesel last year (stupidly replaced it with the 25 diesel) that would run without a battery, the stop solenoid went so i just removed it so you had to stall it to stop it, so no electrics engine side other than the starter and alternator.
i could push it enough to get it bump started on my own, not good should i be chased by a bunch of zombies, but even if emp fried everything, it should be at least drivable, if you park it on a hill, even better.

i think you may be surprised what older stuff you could get to run without electrics with 20mins tinkering, old mercs, early defenders/discos, old pugeot/citroen diesels etc, all diesels that can usually be run on anything you can lay your hands on. i think if it came to it you could 'aquire' something pretty easily.

I with you on them zombies Billy, they can get a fair turn of speed in a straight line, there not very good at turns though so maybe have to zig zag when trying to start any old cars. Mind if you get the chance to get a shot off youve gotta get them in the head or they will just get pissed off and keep coming for you usually with a few mates in tow.