Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARE YOU READY
13 December 2012, 18:27,
RE: ARE YOU READY
(13 December 2012, 17:35)BeardyMan Wrote: Well, somewhere to shelter you from the elements. If it's not keeping you out of the wind and rain then it's not shelter!

They're simple enough to make, especially in a woodland. It's amazing what you can put together in a couple of hours.

yes,thats ok for a day, a weekend, maybe even a week but post SHTF you will be doing it for the forseeable future, you need something more substantial around you, preferably bricks and mortar, people will soon get very cold and very ill if they cant.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 December 2012, 18:54,
People lived in wooden huts for centuries. We don't die that easily. Common sense is all thats required.

(13 December 2012, 18:27)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 December 2012, 17:35)BeardyMan Wrote: Well, somewhere to shelter you from the elements. If it's not keeping you out of the wind and rain then it's not shelter!

They're simple enough to make, especially in a woodland. It's amazing what you can put together in a couple of hours.

yes,thats ok for a day, a weekend, maybe even a week but post SHTF you will be doing it for the forseeable future, you need something more substantial around you, preferably bricks and mortar, people will soon get very cold and very ill if they cant.

13 December 2012, 19:17,
(13 December 2012, 18:54)BeardyMan Wrote: People lived in wooden huts for centuries. We don't die that easily. Common sense is all thats required.
yes, they were called round houses, and people lived in them for centuries. i see a "shelter" as something temporary, for a short time, not something you live in for the next 30 or 40 years.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 December 2012, 19:49,
Im not prepped, ok I could make my food stores last about 2months, but on the flip side thats a hell of a lot longer than 99% of the population, but the knowledge is going to be key to survival.
14 December 2012, 09:44,
(13 December 2012, 19:49)Metroyeti Wrote: Im not prepped, ok I could make my food stores last about 2months, but on the flip side thats a hell of a lot longer than 99% of the population, but the knowledge is going to be key to survival.

heck, 2 months is better than 1 week, or in some cases about 3 days, which is about what the sheeple keep in their houses.