Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARE YOU READY
12 December 2012, 23:18,
RE: ARE YOU READY
(12 December 2012, 18:32)TheGuru Wrote: ConfusedHi Folks, as some of you know I have only been prepping for around 3 months now but reckon I am at the stage where I am almost ready for anything, I think, even the crazy scenarios like zombies and stuff and was wondering are any of you guys in the position where you are sorted and now just happy to sit back and see what comes in the future.

As far as tools,equipment and clothing go im well prepped but food and water storage is not good at all think ive prepped in a reverse priorty fashion LOL Big Grin
13 December 2012, 07:01,
i hope so but no one can ever be 100% prepped for everything
13 December 2012, 10:30,
No. Never will be either.

Got the gear, know how to use it, but there's always the unknow unknowns that you can't prepare for.

Still, I'll muddle along doing my thing
13 December 2012, 10:34,
nope don't think I ever will be

everything is low but I've only recently started but I'm at least one step ahead of the non preppers as I'm actually thinking about how to cope with various situation and starting to use my small budget to buy/replace/upgrade the kit I have or need
13 December 2012, 14:11,
I've got a long way to go.

Yes, me and the wife could hold up for a good 6-8 months, if not longer. With a group of 8-10, we're looking more like 2 month max. There is always more I feel that can be done. Be that, more food, more toilet paper, more water filters, more caches, more precious metals, more projectile weapons, more of everything.

Having said that, I know I could rough it in the woods by myself, for a very long time. Been reading up loads, practicing even more! Will be able to go lone wolf (not a fan of that idea though). I have a wife to look after, and much more to sort out. If something does happen, we'll be okay for a while. But I'd much rather have more time to get everything sorted.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 December 2012, 17:19,
(13 December 2012, 14:11)Scythe13 Wrote: Having said that, I know I could rough it in the woods by myself, for a very long time.

anybody who thinks they can "rough it" in the woods come SHTF will be dead in the first cold winter we have, even in the milder south west.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 December 2012, 17:22,
(13 December 2012, 17:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 December 2012, 14:11)Scythe13 Wrote: Having said that, I know I could rough it in the woods by myself, for a very long time.

anybody who thinks they can "rough it" in the woods come SHTF will be dead in the first cold winter we have, even in the milder south west.

Why so?

If you can build a shelter, and start a fire and find food & water then you're good to go.
13 December 2012, 17:28, (This post was last modified: 13 December 2012, 17:29 by bigpaul.)
(13 December 2012, 17:22)BeardyMan Wrote:
(13 December 2012, 17:19)bigpaul Wrote:

Why so?

If you can build a shelter, and start a fire and find food & water then you're good to go.
depends on your definition of "shelter", you need somewhere where you can get out of the cold and wet, somewhere where you can dry your wet clothes(important that), and get some sleep in relative comfort, not everyone will be capable of this, too many people think that when TSHTF they can go and do a "Rambo" in the woods and survive-well it just aint so.

also, anyone who talks of "roughing" it in the woods is doing it wrong, if your roughing it you wont last long.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 December 2012, 17:35,
(13 December 2012, 17:28)bigpaul Wrote: depends on your definition of "shelter", you need somewhere where you can get out of the cold and wet, somewhere where you can dry your wet clothes(important that), and get some sleep in relative comfort, not everyone will be capable of this, too many people think that when TSHTF they can go and do a "Rambo" in the woods and survive-well it just aint so.

also, anyone who talks of "roughing" it in the woods is doing it wrong, if your roughing it you wont last long.

Well, somewhere to shelter you from the elements. If it's not keeping you out of the wind and rain then it's not shelter!

They're simple enough to make, especially in a woodland. It's amazing what you can put together in a couple of hours.
13 December 2012, 18:23,
(12 December 2012, 20:30)TheGuru Wrote: Chance favours the prepared mind as the brilliant Bruce Lee once said but I think he got it from Gandy.

I think you'll find it was Louis Pasteur