Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New purchase today
15 December 2012, 17:43,
RE: New purchase today
(15 December 2012, 16:58)BDG Wrote: I second not messing with the power. If the police decide to chrono it for any reason, you will be up in court, you will forfeit any and all firearms, you will not get compensation and you will more than likely not get a SGC or FAC should you want one in the future.

If you want more than 12ft/lbs, get a FAC and get something designed to do the job rather than modifying.

On top of that, everytime some idiot who illegally modified an air rifle is caught, it adds weight to calls from ACPO to licence all air weapons.

thats right pal you will get nicked and they will cut the gun up ,i no pal very sad i think i would cry to lose my gun for 2 or 3 ft lbs
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 December 2012, 18:09,
I am collecting one of these tomorrow,.. I am not looking forward to the 6 hour return drive down to Glasgow though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkS2CHNS6o
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 December 2012, 18:11,
Sometimes knowing HOW to do the modification is as valuable as doing it.

While the rules apply stay inside them. When the rules are suspended due to SHTF anything goes, make your mods.

15 December 2012, 19:35, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2012, 19:43 by BDG.)
(15 December 2012, 18:11)Mortblanc Wrote: Sometimes knowing HOW to do the modification is as valuable as doing it.

While the rules apply stay inside them. When the rules are suspended due to SHTF anything goes, make your mods.

It is an illegal modification to a firearm. Should we also be talking about how to reactivate de-acs? Defiantly not.

Sometimes, some things should just not be talked about on a public forum.
(15 December 2012, 17:17)Prepper1 Wrote: As above you have to be careful as bdg and uf says.

Whilst it is interesting from a mechanical point of view, if mr plod sees you shooting and decides to confiscate then get it analyzed as they sometimes are want to do, you WILL be in a lot of trouble.

You could try and gt away with saying it was already like that BUT gun shops chronograph weapons they sell and are not by law legally able to sell weapons over the 12ft/lbs limit, well they shouldn't but...

Saying that they probably have a chronograph record of the power level for their own legal liability so getting away with it may not be possible or likely nowadays.

Exactly - whilst talking about mechanics of how things works leaves a few blanks you need a bit of a brain to fill in with is fine, saying something like "I make sure I have XXX part in, just in case I want to mod my gun for more power, it is really easy just buy part number XXX from gun shop and do 1,2,3" is asking for trouble.

It is not only the police who may chrono your gun. Take it to a gun shop for some work and they will chrono it. If it is just over the limit, they will likely have a strong word about swapping some parts out. If it is over by an amount where it is obvious it has been tampered with, expect the gun shop to get the police involved.

Every target shooting competition I have taken part in has also required you to chrono your gun at the beginning of the day and some several times through the day. I always saw they were a lot less forgiving than gun shops
15 December 2012, 20:10,
Yet we are happy to talk about cannabilism and shooting invaders. Go figure.

I believe that information should be shared and until it is illegal we should continue to share.

Knowledge is power and our government wants to stop us having any knowledge whatsoever unless from approved sources.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2012, 21:44, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2012, 21:47 by Prepper1.)
Well that's why I said you have to take responsibility for any mods you make.

Power tuning can be illegal just as can driving a car on the motorway at over 100 miles per hour.

Then again for a badly looked after airgun can bring it up to legal spec, well just under anyway.

A lot of airguns are left sub legal velocities when imported into the uk, say 10ft/lbs because of the natural variation in manufacturing, so for safety reasons they make them lower powered than nessesary for legal reasons as they dont want to supply illegal firearms by accident.

I also should have mentioned as sd said knowledge is not wrong, neither is sharing that knowledge.
However encouraging somebody to do something illegal is probably in the eyes of the law wrong.

That is why I mentioned that any and all responsibility is on the person who does any modifications.

Just because I know how to make black powder doesn't make me a bad person, however if I decided to make and sell it, then that's a different matter.

Same with any mods on air rifles, just because we discuss it doesn't make it wrong,

Much tuning to air weapons can be done legitimately and safely to "tune" them i.e. smooth the trigger, shorten lock time etc..

I do say and would always say, you should make any mods on an air weapon in conjunction with a chronograph.

If you then find out your mods take it over the legal limit then you and you alone have the choice to decide whether to de tune it, leave it as is and take the risk of being caught with a "firearm" or register it legally etc...

I do fully agree with s.d. that knowledge should remain free and accessible to all unless its of an illegal nature.

Just because I can download and read books on how to make explosives, doesn't mean I will.

Just because I can download books on the revolution in Russia doesn't mean I want to do it...

I saw a quote once, I cant remember exactly what it said but let me give you this one from wiki...

Totalitarianism...Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever necessary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarianism

(15 December 2012, 21:44)Prepper1 Wrote: I do fully agree with s.d. that knowledge should remain free and accessible to all unless its of an illegal nature.

But then again, who is it that decides its illegal in the first place????
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
15 December 2012, 22:36, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2012, 22:48 by BDG.)
Oh, I completly agree that any and all information should be freely available. TPTB think otherwise and even if information is available in an approved technical manual or a journal article, repeating what you read can lead to some very hot water.

I have a vague recollection of a chap writing up how to make a firing mechanism and him taking pictures of the parts he made with his lathe and milling machine and him getting jail - even though he did not assemble the parts and unassembled they were just parts that could be used in many unrestricted applications. The fact he did a write up got him jail.

You just have to remember, this is the internet, it is a public forum and if law enforcement are reading this particular forum (and believe me, I know they read others), then you might not want to make yourself seem super interesting to them, yeah?
(15 December 2012, 20:10)Skean Dhude Wrote: Yet we are happy to talk about cannabilism and shooting invaders. Go figure.

Yeah, well, the Great British Public have a habit of getting all pissy about certain things but not others. Paedophiles should be shot, along with third world dictators, warlords and bankers. However, if you try to give some back up to the gun situation in the USA to them, you are a monster.

Go figure that one. When did the British public get all emotional about such things? I blame Bob Geldoff and Princess Diana.

Smile

16 December 2012, 14:11,
BDG,

That is because it is not the gun itself that is illegal. Just look at deacts. It is a working reciever and barrel. Thus when he completed their construction he had made an illegal part without having to assemble the rest. You need to know the law.

In the same way that you can turn your rifle to be 11.9999999999999999 ft/lb and then plod put in a different pellet and you are outputting 12.0000001.

IMO the risk is not worth it. Stay legal as long as you can but learn how to do the mods.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 December 2012, 23:42, (This post was last modified: 16 December 2012, 23:44 by Highlander.)
I just collected this today, and although only a few hours old, I am very happy with it,..
[Image: _C160023.jpg]
[Image: _C160025.jpg]

It has a better sight than the original shown on this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkS2CHNS6o

Its the Stoegar x20S Suppressor

.22 Cal
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 December 2012, 00:24, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2012, 00:25 by UncleFester.)
Is it a tx200?

(17 December 2012, 00:24)UncleFester Wrote: Is it a tx200?

Sorry just seen