Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Look at London after 3 days without power
8 November 2011, 07:41,
RE: Hypothetical Look at London after 3 days without power
To return to the scenario, Any preppers in London should leave London as soon as possible and escape to a rural area. If they stayed in London, I am sure they would die of the Plague or some other malignant disease. Probably 90% per cent of the people would be doomed. Probably most survivors would have done a runner. Kenneth Eames.
8 November 2011, 10:26,
This is the key point for city dwellers. We make guesses about what will happen, how well we can hide and we hope we can improve the odds by prepping. I thin those odds in London are so small as to not be improved for ordinary people. Maybe if you have enough cash to buy and live in a warehouse but sot the ordinary person.

The consencus and one I agree with is get out of the city now if you can and straight away if you have to live there at the first sign of an event. Gangs will be the winners in there at first and although long term they will die out they will take you out first.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 November 2011, 12:27,
(8 November 2011, 07:41)Kenneth Eames Wrote: To return to the scenario, Any preppers in London should leave London as soon as possible and escape to a rural area. If they stayed in London, I am sure they would die of the Plague or some other malignant disease. Probably 90% per cent of the people would be doomed. Probably most survivors would have done a runner. Kenneth Eames.

Been saying the exact same thing to all city dwelling survivalists and preppers for years, some accept the logic and move, equally many more have hundreds of various and assorted reasons, some valid some BS why they simply can not.

After the last incident in Teesside both my wife and I agreed that regardless of the trouble, costs and risks were WERE moving out of town, it cost us everything including my job and our life savings. But by god we know we did the right thing. 7 years on we are still skint, still struggling but a millions times happier.

8 November 2011, 13:28,
I grew up in a rural area but then lived in a city for years till about 2004 when I "escaped". I couldn't face ever moving back now, not just for survival reasons but also the older I get the less tolerance I have for people.

Only semi-rural at the moment (on the very edge of a small town/large village but only a short walk to the hills) but a million times better than inner city living. Will get my smallholding one day.
8 November 2011, 14:19,
(8 November 2011, 13:28)JD1 Wrote: Only semi-rural at the moment (on the very edge of a small town/large village but only a short walk to the hills) but a million times better than inner city living. Will get my smallholding one day.

dittoBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 November 2011, 15:52,
Yeah I guess this village is more aptly classed as semi rural, its only 2 miles from a slightly bigger village at 12 miles from a town.

8 November 2011, 16:09,
Fortunately for me, I live on the edge of a small town whose population is slowly getting smaller. Our Council are talking about putting more money into the area and creating industry here. But I do not think this will happen, because the economic crisis will become worse and there will be insufficient funds for these ideas. I can be in the country in ten minutes and am preparing for the worst with clandestine gardens and caching sufficient materials that will be necesary if the worst happens.Kenneth Eames.
8 November 2011, 16:26,
well, i can beat that by about 8 minutes! out of the house, turn right past 3 garages, past the end house, out through the hole in the hedge, i'm in the countryside past fields of sheep, horses and cattle.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 November 2011, 16:33,
Wonderful! I am glad for you. I see you have sheep and cattle so you should not go hungry. Try to get a part time job with the local butcher and learn how to cut joints of meat, etc.. Kenneth Eames.
8 November 2011, 18:06,
(8 November 2011, 16:33)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Wonderful! I am glad for you. I see you have sheep and cattle so you should not go hungry. Try to get a part time job with the local butcher and learn how to cut joints of meat, etc.. Kenneth Eames.
thanks, wife was in farming in her younger years and is a better hand with a boning knife than i will ever be. unfortunately we lost our only butcher a couple of months ago due to the cost of business rates.