Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BOV AFTER you have bugged out.(v2)
3 February 2013, 12:19,
RE: The BOV AFTER you have bugged out.(v2)
(3 February 2013, 10:10)bigpaul Wrote:
(2 February 2013, 20:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: when darkness fall retiring to a fairly secure location with only one or two entries / exits, put the available mechanical / human security available into covering the single entry and blend it with pretty good cammoflage if possible. Work out during the day, retreat underground at night if neccessary.

sounds about rightBig Grin

I may be a career soldier and long time prepper but I'm a confirmed coward as well when it comes to UNNECCESSARY combat, if I have to fight I will and I can do it very well, but I could also get unlucky, ergo tis better to bugger off underground or into a retreat at night for safety.

3 February 2013, 12:29,
(3 February 2013, 12:19)NorthernRaider Wrote: I may be a career soldier and long time prepper but I'm a confirmed coward as well when it comes to UNNECCESSARY combat, if I have to fight I will and I can do it very well, but I could also get unlucky, ergo tis better to bugger off underground or into a retreat at night for safety.

i see no point in taking unneccessary chances, wont do Jane any good if i go all macho and get killed!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2013, 12:33,
(3 February 2013, 12:29)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 February 2013, 12:19)NorthernRaider Wrote: I may be a career soldier and long time prepper but I'm a confirmed coward as well when it comes to UNNECCESSARY combat, if I have to fight I will and I can do it very well, but I could also get unlucky, ergo tis better to bugger off underground or into a retreat at night for safety.

i see no point in taking unneccessary chances, wont do Jane any good if i go all macho and get killed!

Exactly BP, Exactly, The prepper my be the world greatest warrior who can shoot a fly at five miles, wrestles crocadiles for fun, chews iron nail for fun, is a black belt at every martial art ever made, but he only has to be unlucky once and the spotty 12 year old kiddy with the single shot 22 rimfire gets lucky and its game over.

3 February 2013, 12:37,
(3 February 2013, 12:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: Exactly BP, Exactly, The prepper my be the world greatest warrior who can shoot a fly at five miles, wrestles crocadiles for fun, chews iron nail for fun, is a black belt at every martial art ever made, but he only has to be unlucky once and the spotty 12 year old kiddy with the single shot 22 rimfire gets lucky and its game over.

yep, you've just nailed it, there speaks the voice of 30+ years experience!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2013, 12:57,
NR,

That is exactly what I mean. If you can see the inevitable you can prepare for it. Most people will rely on the alarms. They will go flat, nobody will notice after the third time and then one night you will find unwelcome visitors within your inner perimeter. Sure, use them to suppliment your defences whilst you can but accept that they have their weaknesses.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 February 2013, 14:32,
Trip wires and party poppers wont go flat, nor will broken glass, dry twigs, handfulls of grave,l a wind chime tied to a shin high string etc, use the battery powered stuff whilst the tension and risk is greatest then adaopt none electrical stuff for later. And of course the wiser oamong hopefully will also have fidos lugs to rely on.