Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last challenged yourself physically?
7 January 2013, 22:10,
RE: Last challenged yourself physically?
(7 January 2013, 22:08)Prepaday Wrote: I have tried many a time to give up Sad I feel my blood getting thicker and dirtier by the day, I can't climb the stairs without getting out of breath. Smoking stinks, costs shed loads and makes your teeth fall out Sad I could kick myself for being to bloody weak to give up Sad I seriously want cigs to go to £30 a pack, (overnight would be great ) then I won't be able to afford to smoke.....
Anyone any tips please? Maybe on another thread x

how many do you smoke a day
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 January 2013, 22:15,
Honestly...15-20 Sad
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
7 January 2013, 22:21,
(7 January 2013, 22:15)Prepaday Wrote: Honestly...15-20 Sad

try to cut down to ten a day to start ,for six months, and then five and so on worked for me theres no easy way pal but can can be done, nic gum help a lot as well as smoking
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 January 2013, 22:33,
prepaday i am currently going cold turkey on the rollies i have not had a cig since thursday and i am not the most friendly person around right now,as i write this a am drinking a good few beers and it is bloody hard work but i will not give in,i properly will get arrested in the next weekBig Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
7 January 2013, 22:38,
Probs not a good time for me to give up..Well not this week, I have a bad case of PMT as it is lol
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
7 January 2013, 22:46,
wait for a week,but in that week tell yourself in your mind you are giving up when you smoke and get mentally prepared.Trust me the main battle is psychological what i am currently going through right now there is a battle going on inside my mind,but i will win with the things i have given up 3+ years ago this should be easy

plus for me it will let me stock up on more corned beef yumBig Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
7 January 2013, 22:54,
I stopped last August - was on about 20 a day but used to smoke about 40 a day years ago when I was at uni. Had smoked 16 or 17 years in all. I read 'The East Way to Stop Smoking' by Alan Carr - no, not the fat gay comedian. A different Alan Carr.

I do not know if it was the book, I expect it was, but I realised why I smoked, and once I knew why I did, it was like a spell had been broken - I did not want to smoke any more, I did not need to smoke any more.

As I say, once I realised why I did, it was easy. I really do suspect all of us smokers and those of us who smoked did for the very same reason once we had been doing it a while - and no, not because of the addiction itself. The reason, well, I cannot tell you, it is that simple, you have to find it out for yourself. If I told you, you would not believe me. I was a bit manic for 3 days after stopping, but after that the monster was dead pretty much.

What do I do to keep myself in shape? Walk fast. My normal route is 4 miles, down a valley and back up, takes just over 40 minutes. That is fast walking. Every other night.

I do slower walking a couple of times a week over rough ground, up and down the valley sides again, cover 8-9 miles over about 2 3/4 hours. Again, that is pretty fast. If you do not keep your legs strong with plenty of walking or running, they may have power for doing the odd thing, but they will have no endurance.

Remember that one day, the ability to set off and keep going over bad ground might be the thing that keeps you alive.

I like it better in winter as its nice and cool.

Other than that stuff, my garden. Get at least a couple of tons of manure in each month over the winter and it all needs loading on the truck, unloading and moving to where it is needed.
7 January 2013, 23:00,
We both smoked between 30 and 40 a day, untill we found a retired Police hypnotised who was practising from his front room

We both paid the vast sum of £25 each and spent an hour on his settee, listening to him talking

We left that house thinking `what a load of rubbish`, but neither of us have smoked a single fag since,.... that was over 20 years ago
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 January 2013, 23:00,
Several of the people I know who have given up have used the Electrofag route.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 January 2013, 03:23,
Cold turkey