Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantages of being a British prepper
28 January 2013, 09:12,
RE: Advantages of being a British prepper
(27 January 2013, 20:24)Straight Shooter Wrote: Well you could argue the case when a welsh football fan was killed last year, i do not accept the idea of everyone hates the english...your not that special at all...i have dealings with all that make up the UK, and found most of them the same i always had a welcome AND alright taff ! how you doing ! BUT just cause the WELSH,SCOTTISH and IRISH dearly love to thrash the sh.t out off you ENGISH is quite NORMAL its what we want to do on a PITCH one of the other reasons is where the money go,s spent normally in the london bubble so spare a thought for us CELTS....by the way up north as NR will tell you there,s not much money spent up there....there,s no need to beat yourselves up ....you are the same as everybody else ....with one exception..welsh,scots.and irish....suck it up ...its because of this WE make YOU strong

I think one point to consider in this is there is a lot of small minded people out there, example - I was in a small town recently, one guy was considered a "w**ker" because he was from the next town nothing more than that he wasn't black,irish,english or whatever just not a local.
28 January 2013, 10:40,
my point exactly david...people are the same world over and most all are territorial its just a human condition a fact of life...the shame is when you take it out of say a soccer match or sporting event and spill it over into violence just because your wearing the wrong shirt or scarfe , your wearing your colours....go up a gear and the result is war...in my youth we had a war with the next village a week later all big butties...it was futile but real for a few days .....much as war is in true life...a waste of life for little gain...just because all people live in different ways and different traditions what and who should detirmine the right to say their way is the only way and the best way for all ..
28 January 2013, 13:03,
i think after TSHTF it will come down to tribal/local affiliations.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 January 2013, 18:26,
Behind the curve here but it looks like it has all been said.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 January 2013, 21:47,
(26 January 2013, 23:39)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think any host nation has its fair share of xenophobes and bigots unfortunately I think after the SHTF that minor annoyance from a tiny minority could feed hatred, greed and jelousy of the "" Foreign"" prepper in any UK country. Its normal times such bigotry is not a major concern but I fear after TSHTF its likely to be something more.

This is a very important point. Don't assume because all is rosy now that in a hardcore grid-down situation that "non-natives" will be quite so welcome. Unless there is something stronger than perceived "kinship" binding you into a community - for example, shared strong religious convictions - there will always be a heightened risk of rejection / victimisation of outsiders in a deep crisis, regardless of howl ong they have been living in an area.
28 January 2013, 22:11,
I can honestly see " issues" after TSHTF even among the various factions of preppers, bushcrafters and survivalists, so many strongly held but different points of view and beliefs. Most of us to start with are more focused on one specific issue which is different to your next nearest prepper this itself will cause problems cos not enough of us get together face to face frequently to break down those differences and to seek out what we have in common.

28 January 2013, 22:17,
To be honest I am not sure about this,... if we were all American living in the States, then yes I can see whats being said,.. but for generations the Brits have often managed against the odds to get together and help each other.

ok, there is a vast gap between country folk and city guys,..and that would cause a certain amount of friction,.. but I think that most country brits would band together in times of strife

I am never going to bet my life on it mind,... but I have hope...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 January 2013, 22:26,
I've just seen SD's post and I think its his way of telling us to finish this thread, So I'll stop now. Cheers Highlander.

28 January 2013, 23:07,
(28 January 2013, 22:17)Highlander Wrote: To be honest I am not sure about this,... if we were all American living in the States, then yes I can see whats being said,.. but for generations the Brits have often managed against the odds to get together and help each other.

ok, there is a vast gap between country folk and city guys,..and that would cause a certain amount of friction,.. but I think that most country brits would band together in times of strife

I am never going to bet my life on it mind,... but I have hope...Smile

I would argue that in America there is much less regional attachment than there is in Europe. It's nothing to many / most Americans to move from one corner of the country to the next without any sense of emotional connection to either. I think in a sense they view their country as its own little universe detached from the rest of the planet and are, whilst extremely loyal / patriotic to the country, don't invest the same emotional attachment to any particular region, except possibly the inhabitants of Texas and some of the southern states.