Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHTF/TEOTWAWKI and the zoo
1 February 2013, 10:12,
RE: SHTF/TEOTWAWKI and the zoo
we've got Alpacas about 1 mile away from us, i know a farm not far away that has Water Buffalo, Donkeys about 2 miles away and 5 horses in the back field about 50 yards away.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 February 2013, 12:09,
Alpaca wool is supposed to be really good and fairly light weight. currently looking for a large wool blanket made of the stuff...another useful animal Post SHTF

1 Boar can feed loads of people i think the big ones close to 100 people in one sitting so a family or bug out group would be lucky to find one
1 February 2013, 12:13,
(1 February 2013, 12:09)SecretPrepper Wrote: 1 Boar can feed loads of people i think the big ones close to 100 people in one sitting so a family or bug out group would be lucky to find one

the secret is NOT to kill the adults-take out the youngsters instead, maybe not as big but at least you wont be eating the breeding stock!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 February 2013, 14:26,
(1 February 2013, 12:13)bigpaul Wrote: the secret is NOT to kill the adults-take out the youngsters instead, maybe not as big but at least you wont be eating the breeding stock!

Good info. Boar are big and dangerous (even the little ones) they can kill you. I don't think i would take one on unless the situation was right but i very much agree with you. We must be careful when securing food as to not upset the natural order of things
1 February 2013, 14:33,
(1 February 2013, 14:26)SecretPrepper Wrote:
(1 February 2013, 12:13)bigpaul Wrote: the secret is NOT to kill the adults-take out the youngsters instead, maybe not as big but at least you wont be eating the breeding stock!

Good info. Boar are big and dangerous (even the little ones) they can kill you. I don't think i would take one on unless the situation was right but i very much agree with you. We must be careful when securing food as to not upset the natural order of things

its not so much that, if you kill the adults they will never breed again(obviously-their dead-right?Big Grin) if you take a youngster then the adults will carry on breeding and you have a ready SUPPLY of meat, again and again and again!
1 February 2013, 14:33,
This little piggy went to market
This little piggy got turned into bacon
This little piggy was eating the dead
And this little piggy chased us out the woods
and this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home after trying to disembowel us !!