SHTF/TEOTWAWKI and the zoo
31 January 2013, 15:33,
RE: SHTF/TEOTWAWKI and the zoo
I've got the Marwell Wildlife park not far from me Big Grin

Plenty of cages to put the "unwanteds" in too
31 January 2013, 15:42,
i think the nearest to me is Bristol!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2013, 15:49,
(31 January 2013, 15:42)bigpaul Wrote: i think the nearest to me is Bristol!

See you there BP. Bring Bolt Cutters, some kind of pheromone spray to get the wolves and certain other animals out the front door.....oh, and a bottle of BBQ sauce.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
31 January 2013, 15:54,
i forgot this one http://www.exmoorzoo.co.uk
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2013, 17:05,
Historically, zos have been viewed as a great reascource in SHTF situations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_and_...elephants)
31 January 2013, 17:24,
i Imagine any ostriches would be something to save you could take them in a horse box to you BOL the eggs would feed a large group. Any cows like animals like Yaks etc could be milked if needed but everything else is on the menu.
The problem is if anyone frees the animals local wildlife could be decimated.
31 January 2013, 17:34,
Last time I was in edinburgh zoo they had african wild dogs, said they were the most dangerous thing in the zoo. If I remember correctly we had an escaped ostridge in whitburn a few years ago
31 January 2013, 18:00,
i shouldnt worry too much, chances are if they escape or are released they will head for remote areas to get away from humans, you will probably never see them again, we have had "black panther" reports for the last 50 years but nobody has ever got up close and personal with them, the worst we ever had was some escaped "wild" boar ripping up some ones garden in a small village.
31 January 2013, 19:19,
I remember the plague of Coypu in East Anglia and wallabies up the Pennines, We have huge sodding great north american buffalo not two miles from here , Reindeer 5 miles away and Alpacas fairly close as well. But its the wild Boar farms that tickle my interest.

31 January 2013, 23:07,
I think any escaped animals will be handing them selves back in when they experience what humans call normality, they will be going to the RSPCA for help and advice