Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newb looking for some air rifle advice
8 February 2013, 16:24,
RE: newb looking for some air rifle advice
As SD used to say " better to have it and not need it instead of needing it and not having it"

8 February 2013, 17:32,
In that case PF, if I were you I'd just go and get a cheap air rifle asap, and get plinking. I'd start with a .177 simply because, if you decide to get an air pistol, they're usually .177 and it makes things easier if they use the same ammo.

Since you're looking at a basic starter rifle, if I recommend X and you can't find it, then really it'd be a waste of your time since it'll be achievable to get a gun for £30-£40 that will probably be just as good.

Since you'll be plinking and enjoying yourself, just get a cheapy, get some spin targets, put some paper behind them, so you can see where your shots are going if you miss, and get plinking. It really is that simple.

First gun, go to the local shop, see what they have, let them know you want a spring .177, then get playing about.

In the lower level price range, you'll really not find much variation with the guns available.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 February 2013, 17:45,
in the gun shops they can get and have some useds recon guns so nice and cheapbut they will push you to buy new just stick with it
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
9 February 2013, 16:45,
thanks for the advice folks Smile
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.