Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the radar or just don't stick your head up.
12 February 2013, 10:04,
RE: Under the radar or just don't stick your head up.
Very true BP. In the country gunfire can be heard over a very long distance and advertises your presence far and wide.

Suppressed air guns are far more discreet, and bows more so still.

We are actively looking at air gun solutions at the moment for this very reason.
conscius et paratum
12 February 2013, 10:14,
(12 February 2013, 10:04)Digger Wrote: Very true BP. In the country gunfire can be heard over a very long distance and advertises your presence far and wide.

We are actively looking at air gun solutions at the moment for this very reason.

yes, post SHTF i neither want to be seen or HEARD, the fewer people know about my presence the better and preferably none.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2013, 10:30,
Now yer thinking my way Smile better to be a living but cowardly prepper !!! Robin hood and the welsh outlaws survived for so long cos they made sure no bugger saw or heard them, the most successful border reivers were those who snuck in quietly at night and stole the Northumbrian cattle and sheep, those least succesful came in armed to the teeth looking for trouble and making noise.

Guys regardless of their guns or numbers or skills, if they cant see you and cant hear you they cant hurt you. And if they dont move on a well placed arrow every couple of days into one of them will quickly make staying on your turf unsustainable.

12 February 2013, 10:34,
(12 February 2013, 10:30)NorthernRaider Wrote: Now yer thinking my way Smile better to be a living but cowardly prepper !!! Robin hood and the welsh outlaws survived for so long cos they made sure no bugger saw or heard them, the most successful border reivers were those who snuck in quietly at night and stole the Northumbrian cattle and sheep, those least succesful came in armed to the teeth looking for trouble and making noise.

Guys regardless of their guns or numbers or skills, if they cant see you and cant hear you they cant hurt you. And if they dont move on a well placed arrow every couple of days into one of them will quickly make staying on your turf unsustainable.

this is my thinking exactly!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2013, 11:06,
(12 February 2013, 10:04)Digger Wrote: Very true BP. In the country gunfire can be heard over a very long distance and advertises your presence far and wide.

Your spoilt for choice these days both in Spring, PCP and GRT air guns / carbines

12 February 2013, 14:37,
if your after an air rifle for post SHTF hunting i'd go for a springer every time, PCP and Co2 will run out after awhile, with springers you can cock and fire all day, in a post event landscape keeping it simple(KISS) will be best, just my personal preference i hasten to add.
13 February 2013, 14:13,
I'd just go with a silencer all round, air rifle, rim fire, or whatever. If you're in the hills (be careful, the hills do have eyes) then you can use the echo to mask your whereabouts.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin