Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
13 February 2013, 16:58,
RE: I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
(13 February 2013, 16:34)bigpaul Wrote: sorry Scythe, i know your trying to be upbeat but i've been around a lot longer than you have and i know just what people are like, i have tried to organise RV's, i had a list of 8+ people plus OH's who were going to turn up, who turned up? just NR and his family..no one else, got the usual excuses afterwards, last year was a little better, got to meet 2 other preppers, maybe it'll be 3 this year? so dont hold your breath, when it comes to organising anything-apathy rules, its just human nature i guess but if people CAN let you down then they WILL.

650 miles round trip and it was worth it, and I greatly appreciated and benefitted from Binarys willingness to drive a greater distance to the NE for an RV with me, that level of motivation inspired me. similarily AL driving down from the top of Scotland for an RV was equally inspiring and humbling. And of course SD often drives hundreds of miles in a round trip to RV with me. So its not all bad by any means.

13 February 2013, 17:06,
(13 February 2013, 16:56)Shaysdad99 Wrote: i would love to meet other prepper uk wide but restricted on travel until september time but in meantime anyone wanting to meet up in north east then am up for that

well mate , im in the North east....and trying to arrange a meet up v soon....what you doing this sunday afternoon mate ??Smile
13 February 2013, 17:35,
(13 February 2013, 17:06)RoadWarrior Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 16:56)Shaysdad99 Wrote: i would love to meet other prepper uk wide but restricted on travel until september time but in meantime anyone wanting to meet up in north east then am up for that
well mate , im in the North east....and trying to arrange a meet up v soon....what you doing this sunday afternoon mate ??Smile

Get in lads. Go for it.

As for BP, NR, and anyone being negative about RV's and stuff like that, I don't disagree. But I feel that attitude is REALLY going to negatively effect new prepper views.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 February 2013, 17:55,
(13 February 2013, 17:35)Scythe13 Wrote: As for BP, NR, and anyone being negative about RV's and stuff like that, I don't disagree. But I feel that attitude is REALLY going to negatively effect new prepper views.

i apologise to any newbie if my negative attitude upsets them, its just that i have been let down by many people(including 2 wives) over my lifetime so this affects my prejudices !Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 17:58,
RW sounds ok to me however like i said i am bit restricted at moment so easy to get to would be better option for me
13 February 2013, 18:13,
Getting a group of preppers together to buy a plot of land, I would guess would be a good move, depending that the price was right and that they could find a place that all three would be happy to sink their money into.

It would have to have a lot going for it,.. large enough,... possibly woodland,... would you need a building on it?,..and easy for all three to get to, even if the emergency was an EMP and they had no cars.

I would comment on your first idea if I was sure of what you meant,... do you mean that a group of people offer their own homes as a BOL,..and depending on the situation, as to which one they use???????,..sorry, the rains seeped into my head today
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 February 2013, 18:17,
(13 February 2013, 18:13)Highlander Wrote: Getting a group of preppers together to buy a plot of land, I would guess would be a good move, depending that the price was right and that they could find a place that all three would be happy to sink their money into.

it would have to be preppers who were close to each other, otherwise you'd find only one would be using it, the trouble with a national forum is we are all so spread thin, they nearest people to me(on this forum) are over 100 miles away!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 18:21,
(13 February 2013, 17:55)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 17:35)Scythe13 Wrote: As for BP, NR, and anyone being negative about RV's and stuff like that, I don't disagree. But I feel that attitude is REALLY going to negatively effect new prepper views.
i apologise to any newbie if my negative attitude upsets them, its just that i have been let down by many people(including 2 wives) over my lifetime so this affects my prejudices !Big GrinBig Grin

Even though I think you're taking the mick, I appreciate the sentiment.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 February 2013, 18:28,
(13 February 2013, 18:17)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 18:13)Highlander Wrote: Getting a group of preppers together to buy a plot of land, I would guess would be a good move, depending that the price was right and that they could find a place that all three would be happy to sink their money into.

it would have to be preppers who were close to each other, otherwise you'd find only one would be using it, the trouble with a national forum is we are all so spread thin, they nearest people to me(on this forum) are over 100 miles away!

There is that as well of course,...it might be a good idea for a group of people who live in the same city,... it is certainly a good idea because there is a lot more security in numbers

What is needed is a prepper farmer...lol
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 February 2013, 18:30, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 18:30 by bigpaul.)
(13 February 2013, 18:21)Scythe13 Wrote: Even though I think you're taking the mick, I appreciate the sentiment.
nope i meant every word, its called "life experience" and it DOES affect the way one thinks, like not relying on other people WTSHTF!Big Grin

(13 February 2013, 18:21)Scythe13 Wrote: Even though I think you're taking the mick, I appreciate the sentiment.
nope i meant every word, its called "life experience" and it DOES affect the way one thinks, like not relying on other people WTSHTF!Big Grin