Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
13 February 2013, 18:36,
RE: I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
(13 February 2013, 18:30)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 18:21)Scythe13 Wrote: Even though I think you're taking the mick, I appreciate the sentiment.
nope i meant every word, its called "life experience" and it DOES affect the way one thinks, like not relying on other people WTSHTF!Big Grin

In that case mate, thank you. It's genuinely appreciated.

We've all been let down, some more than others. I know you've had it hard quite a few times, so I hold nothing against your views.

Thank you mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 February 2013, 18:39,
this plot of land/communal BOL is a nice idea, hope it come off!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 21:10,
Although i hope to meet more preppers as time go,s bye, i think that the very reason we become preppers, we are covert and secretive lot, bye the very nature of what we do...typing a reply to a post is one thing, meeting up with fellow preppers is something else...a commitment..you agree to meet up face to face, kinda like against all we want to do...we are cautious and rightly so...if we meet up and s13 is there with his sixpack body and devastatingly good looks....ummm....joke..... and driving a robin reliant , would we view him differently FACE V POSTS ......well maybe....but the content of posts is what i look at...it shows the real person to me....there is no hiding, none the less the one thing that binds us all is the common factor we pretty much all agree the many why we do, this should transend all
13 February 2013, 21:50,
My friend and me have exactly that plan in place he has a key for mine and vice versa in an emergency we have an agreement preps and plans in place we have known each other for years
13 February 2013, 21:52,
(13 February 2013, 21:50)Spandex228 Wrote: My friend and me have exactly that plan in place he has a key for mine and vice versa in an emergency we have an agreement preps and plans in place we have known each other for years

Me mum told me about couples like yours Smile
( Hello my name is Sandy and this is my friend Adrian) Only old buggers will get that one Smile

13 February 2013, 22:06,
I suppose I asked for that
13 February 2013, 22:10, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 22:24 by NorthernRaider.)
(13 February 2013, 22:06)Spandex228 Wrote: I suppose I asked for that

Evil laughter echoing from the cellar of Castle NR, this is going to cost me a pint innit Spandex? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls-2s5WnMxY

Its not really Spandex on the You Tube clip, its a recording of the Bristol preppers RV .

13 February 2013, 23:23,
Providing we are not aemchair preppers, hold similar views, and have our interests as those of the group, then it would work.

Having a view that groups don't work, is exactly the kind of perspective that can damage a group.

Really appreciate the idea of BP wishing the best for it. Cheers mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 February 2013, 10:18,
(13 February 2013, 23:23)Scythe13 Wrote: Providing we are not aemchair preppers, hold similar views, and have our interests as those of the group, then it would work.

Having a view that groups don't work, is exactly the kind of perspective that can damage a group.

Really appreciate the idea of BP wishing the best for it. Cheers mate.

i wasnt implying that groups dont work, i was simply talking about my experience of RV's, a group owning some land is a different kettle of fish altogether, i hope this gets off the ground and i'd be happy to see it work successfully.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 February 2013, 10:25,
I think teaming up with at least one other person will be essential, for me at least. That way I could have all my preps, bulk stored food etc kept at their secure location, with some basics, a BOB and BOV at my end to get me there. I couldn't really store loads of stuff If i go to uni, nor would I be able to if I joined the army.
Failing finding some likeminded people to join up with, a piece of woodland or suitably remote area with some kind of hidden retreat / storage would have to do. Ideally in the long run I have my own remote place, preferably with other people, but that will take a while.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8