Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
14 February 2013, 10:30,
RE: I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
(14 February 2013, 10:25)Tibbs735 Wrote: Ideally in the long run I have my own remote place, but that will take a while.

i think we'd all like our own BO place, aint (lack of) finance a bummer!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 February 2013, 10:31, (This post was last modified: 14 February 2013, 10:35 by NorthernRaider.)
BP Relying on RVs isnt working, simple as that, to many peoples get up and go got up and went. its probably more practical to focus on those preppers fewer in number but more motvated to try and get some group operation set up. Instead of us all trying to move at the pace of the slowest least motivated preppers its time we cut the free so that hard core who want to move forward can do so.

TIGS I dont think goups will ever work in the way we want in the UK because if we are honest about it for every ten preppers we know nine are content with their low level preps

BP Even as skint as we are we can still rent low cost allotments in low cost out the way areas and "" Adapt"" them.

Oops hit the send button to fast.

Also we must accept and respect that at least 90% of our community dont WANT to meet up or team up with other people, we are all wanting and needing different things.

14 February 2013, 11:21,
(14 February 2013, 10:31)NorthernRaider Wrote: BP Even as skint as we are we can still rent low cost allotments in low cost out the way areas and "" Adapt"" them.

trouble is getting the "right" allotment, the one we had had too many "trendy wendies" on site and was under water most of the year, totally wrong for us, the local one to us has too many rules and regulations( ALL sheds, water butts and compost bins MUST match!) and a lot of allotments have long waiting lists! its not easy.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 February 2013, 12:02,
Little lock ups in those outskirts of town industrial estates are quite cheap, especially if the rent is split between a few of you. buy a couple of old caravans to store in there - you have a BOL. As it has a roof you can get cheap water damaged caravans, or ones with damp. You really can pick 'em up for nowt.
14 February 2013, 12:08,
i've been looking for land for years and years, just a bit of "scrap" land would do but the money they want for them is ludicrous!
14 February 2013, 12:15,
(14 February 2013, 12:08)bigpaul Wrote: i've been looking for land for years and years, just a bit of "scrap" land would do but the money they want for them is ludicrous!

have a chat to a local farmer. They're normally open to renting a little spot of land. Ones round our way used to rent them in for 10 years, then you just buy it at the end for pretty much nowt. Or if you're lucky they may have a parcel of land that's no good to them for whatever reason
14 February 2013, 12:23, (This post was last modified: 14 February 2013, 12:40 by bigpaul.)
have tried that over the years, i've leafleted, i've put ads in papers, i've done it all, most Devon farmers dont want other people on their land-even if they've sold some of it and pocketed the cash.

thats brings me back to an old subject, wife actually owns a piece of woodland, but we cant get clear title to it as it was given by word of mouth-no paper title- and the person who gave it died long ago, have tried land registry and a solicitor but nothing can be done without the deeds.