Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ho do YOU sort the wheat out from the chaff?
13 February 2013, 22:40,
RE: ho do YOU sort the wheat out from the chaff?
(13 February 2013, 22:33)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 22:31)MaryN Wrote: Er, no, I simply see things differently. I have the same aim of protecting my family, but I do it in different ways. I have a longer view of things, not so much preoccupation with weapons (actually no preoccupation with weapons), and I aim to make sure my family is well fed, in good health and in good heart. I don't agonise over potential disaster scenarios - I couldn't control them anyway and why waste my energy? - I just make sure i do the best I can.

By the way NR, I'll bet you were one of those kids who never stopped asking questions......

Probably the best overall approach Mary TBH, and no at school I was the mouse at the back of the class who was usually terrified of everyone else. You know the one in your class who you can never remember their name, the one who never went on the school trip, the one missing from the class photo, thats young NR Smile

Have you ever had the pleasure of chatting with the ladies from Unwanted Knitting Patterns ? UKP, Diamon Lil and Roses & tea both level headed lady preppers often heaving with good advice on family issues?

Er no, it sounds a bit bizarre. Unwanted knitting patterns, UKP Diamon Lil and Roses - is that a racing line up?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
13 February 2013, 22:44,
Apologies I thought you were more familiar with the community at large, UKP UK Preppers is another UK forum and two of its senior characters are Diamond Lil and roses and tea, Its nicknamed unwanted knitting patterns because it has a more low impact less macho flavour than other forums, It sometime gets called the womens guild dept of prepping Smile Lil and rose are just two of the gels .

13 February 2013, 22:48,
Nope, I just sort of drifted in here and got stuck in a crevice, fascinated by all the macho posturing and shades of neurosis. Sorry, not being rude or anything, it's just that I tend to view things with rather more detachment than urgency. It's interesting, and there is a lot of useful information for me to absorb.
13 February 2013, 22:52,
Just remembered that new European preppers forum Doomsday preppers is also hosted by a very nice lady in Danmark, shes really good to know. http://doomsdayforum.com/

Also on Post Apoc .net theres a few forums that focus heavily on the female perspective of prepping.http://postapoc.net/

May help you in some small way.

Eitherway enjoy your time with us.
NR

13 February 2013, 23:06,
(13 February 2013, 22:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: Just remembered that new European preppers forum Doomsday preppers is also hosted by a very nice lady in Danmark, shes really good to know. http://doomsdayforum.com/

Also on Post Apoc .net theres a few forums that focus heavily on the female perspective of prepping.http://postapoc.net/

May help you in some small way.

Eitherway enjoy your time with us.
NR

....are you trying to get rid of our Mary?,... take no notice Mary we need you here,.. Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 February 2013, 23:10,
Nooooooooo just making her welcome and trying to help her along.

14 February 2013, 00:15,
I look like I'd bite your face, but my smile says I'd kill you and eat you.

I look out of dead eyes at the ills of the world and think to myself...children taste like chicken.

Is that the image you have of me Mary?

Truth be told, I'm an english gentleman and dress entirely in tweed. Haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 February 2013, 08:52,
(14 February 2013, 00:15)Scythe13 Wrote: I look like I'd bite your face, but my smile says I'd kill you and eat you.

I look out of dead eyes at the ills of the world and think to myself...children taste like chicken.

Although you appear to have a few nerves about a gas attack, I am sure you are a perfectly charming person!
14 February 2013, 10:45,
When I look for likeminded people, I approach the subject of prepping from a tangent. I talk about things like current world events, possible future events, history, self reliance, maybe some non-serious zombie "what would you do" chat etc. If they are interested in actually being hands on with what you talk about, they are probably wheat.
There is so much chaff around me, by that I mean people who make no connection between what they think and how they act. They around calling themselves Marxists and ranting about naughty capitalism, fair share, emotions, 99%.... But they don't actually practice what they teach, or really think about what they are implying.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
14 February 2013, 15:59,
(14 February 2013, 08:52)MaryN Wrote:
(14 February 2013, 00:15)Scythe13 Wrote: I look like I'd bite your face, but my smile says I'd kill you and eat you.

Although you appear to have a few nerves about a gas attack, I am sure you are a perfectly charming person!

Haha, nice answer, but probably misguided. Oddly, I don't actually own a gas mask. The majority available are totally useless, and a good quality one will be only as effective as the length of time the filters last.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin