Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ho do YOU sort the wheat out from the chaff?
13 February 2013, 18:42,
RE: ho do YOU sort the wheat out from the chaff?
(13 February 2013, 17:30)Scythe13 Wrote: Sometimes you can just tell from stuff they say

Exactly what he said.

I would never meet that S13 geezer. He seems a proper nut job. Jumping rooftops, winter camping. A total cracker as sure as night follows day. Smile

Only joking mate. You're normal compared to some people Smile
13 February 2013, 18:45, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 18:47 by bigpaul.)
(13 February 2013, 18:42)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I would never meet that S13 geezer. He seems a proper nut job. Jumping rooftops, winter camping. A total cracker as sure as night follows day. Smile

Only joking mate. You're normal compared to some people Smile

geez, if thats normal i'd hate to meet abnormal!Big GrinBig Grin

back to the thread, i give everyone the benefit of the doubt.....ONCE!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 18:51,
Simply being preppers makes this a hard one, preppers are often a bit private and not willing to give a lot of information,..[ or never want to meet anyone..Smile ),... if they are on the forum, all you can do is watch what they write, and how they write,...judge them on that

I am assuming that you met the prepper from a forum?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 February 2013, 20:21,
I have only met one prepper ...and off this site ...who i admire, because of the content of posts,they never deviate from " their view " EVER what i read and what i got was exactly what i thought i,d get we have similar views ( regarding location of bol ) although our meeting was short ..it was enough for us to know we could trust them beyond question without being long lost buddies .....when you know...you know
13 February 2013, 20:33,
(13 February 2013, 15:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: what is your approach to ensuring you only end up interacting with people of a similar outlook , viewpoint and mentality to yourselves?

Thats again a genuine question I see other opinions on so i can learn to better my own skills.

EG if you were in a similar position to me how do you ensure you dont waste time on nut jobs, fantasists, conspiracy theorists, regligous types or others who dont meet your group / families common values?

How do you learn from them and respect their points of view whilst ensuring you dont get too involved with them?

( I've just had a double barreled nut job at my door, we had coffee but I ended up asking him to leave, Everything was Jesus this, Jesus that, prepping is gods holy mission and other weirdness)

[Image: ifol55.jpg]
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
13 February 2013, 20:55,
(13 February 2013, 15:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: what is your approach to ensuring you only end up interacting with people of a similar outlook , viewpoint and mentality to yourselves?

Get them to answer loads of questions on a form before you speak to them. Send the form out to everyone via email and only call people who got more than 80%.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 February 2013, 21:24,
In my mind the answer to "sorting the wheat from the chaff" is the exact moment you decide in your own mind, if you can trust them or not in an emergency/prepper type situation.
13 February 2013, 21:29,
You sound like a canny bloke NR, I would suggest using your best weapon INSTINCT, your instincts very rarely let you down mate.
13 February 2013, 21:44,
You lads aren't really into trusting your instincts, are you?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
13 February 2013, 21:47, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 21:50 by NorthernRaider.)
I always try to give the benefit of the doubt and I honestly dont like offending people, my instincts usually dont fail me but its just so bloody uncomfortable telling folks that their viewpoint and mine are utterly incompatable, I just wondered in hope rather than expectation that one of you folks had a system to keep the fruit cakes and paranoids away.

Saying that of course I get on well with SD and he is as crazy as a box of frogs !!! Smile

(13 February 2013, 21:44)MaryN Wrote: You lads aren't really into trusting your instincts, are you?

Mary if you had been let down as often as I, BP and a few others have been in the last 10 years you would be as barking and disallusioned as we are Smile

(13 February 2013, 21:24)Spandex228 Wrote: In my mind the answer to "sorting the wheat from the chaff" is the exact moment you decide in your own mind, if you can trust them or not in an emergency/prepper type situation.

"" Oh Shit !!!!