Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ho do YOU sort the wheat out from the chaff?
13 February 2013, 21:55,
RE: ho do YOU sort the wheat out from the chaff?
It's really very interesting looking at everyone's style of writing. I do have sort of pictures of some of you in my head, just by the way you write.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about sorting wheat from chaff. People are always interesting and even those you might feel have nothing in common with you might have something valuable to say. I find people who won't look me straight in the eye worrying, and there are some folk who just don't "gel" with me. I don't bother to follow up anyone who makes me feel uneasy or nervous, and a straight "go away" does the job for me if they are persistent.

Stick to your instincts. If people don't stick then you're not missing much.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
13 February 2013, 21:57,
Now I'm worried !!! Smile

13 February 2013, 21:58,
(13 February 2013, 21:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: Now I'm worried !!! Smile

Why?
13 February 2013, 22:01, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 22:02 by NorthernRaider.)
Looking Mary in the eye

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93120886@N02/8470952373/

Your one of those unusual types we rarely get on SUK, What are folks like you called again !!!! Oh yes Smart Smile

13 February 2013, 22:04,
I suggested that all you can do is look at how they write and what they write,.. but Mary you are right, its not always important how a person writes, only what he/she writes about

Try saying that after a few.... phew!!!!
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 February 2013, 22:05, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 22:08 by NorthernRaider.)
(13 February 2013, 22:04)Highlander Wrote: I suggested that all you can do is look at how they write and what they write,.. but Mary you are right, its not always important how a person writes, only what he/she writes about

Try saying that after a few.... phew!!!!

Thats me screwed then !!! Rolleyes

The last person I chatted with like Mary but on a parenting forum reckoned she had a good mental image of me, like Forest Gump she said, my missus nearly died laughing, I hid her Osmonds CD in revenge Smile !!!! Sheesh

13 February 2013, 22:24,
I see things from a female's perspective and we work on different planes to you chaps!
13 February 2013, 22:26, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 22:28 by NorthernRaider.)
You mean your brighter, more sensible, more level headed and generally nicer Smile than us grumps Smile

Oh crap Bracken, Mad girl and Mary are all online I'm gonna behave now !!!

13 February 2013, 22:31,
Er, no, I simply see things differently. I have the same aim of protecting my family, but I do it in different ways. I have a longer view of things, not so much preoccupation with weapons (actually no preoccupation with weapons), and I aim to make sure my family is well fed, in good health and in good heart. I don't agonise over potential disaster scenarios - I couldn't control them anyway and why waste my energy? - I just make sure i do the best I can.

By the way NR, I'll bet you were one of those kids who never stopped asking questions......
13 February 2013, 22:33, (This post was last modified: 13 February 2013, 22:38 by NorthernRaider.)
(13 February 2013, 22:31)MaryN Wrote: Er, no, I simply see things differently. I have the same aim of protecting my family, but I do it in different ways. I have a longer view of things, not so much preoccupation with weapons (actually no preoccupation with weapons), and I aim to make sure my family is well fed, in good health and in good heart. I don't agonise over potential disaster scenarios - I couldn't control them anyway and why waste my energy? - I just make sure i do the best I can.

By the way NR, I'll bet you were one of those kids who never stopped asking questions......

Probably the best overall approach Mary TBH, and no at school I was the mouse at the back of the class who was usually terrified of everyone else. You know the one in your class who you can never remember their name, the one who never went on the school trip, the one missing from the class photo, thats young NR Smile

Have you ever had the pleasure of chatting with the ladies from Unwanted Knitting Patterns ? UKP, Diamon Lil and Roses & tea both level headed lady preppers often heaving with good advice on family issues?