Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i even bother
13 February 2013, 18:24,
RE: Should i even bother
The problem with having any vehicle just sitting there is that no matter how well your intentions are, it is likely to suffer a little lack of attention,... and the last thing you want is your 4x4 with stuck on brakes when you need it most

The other point, is that I do think that we can take prepping a bit too far,... prepping is being prepared for something that might happen,.... but it is not a certainty that it will happen, or that the emergency will require your vehicle,... you have to live your life as well

So I would personally have a vehicle that would do both jobs, deal with your everyday use of it,..and have it ready for an emergency,.. that way it costs you less, and is always ready to go

I have a 4x4 with a top box,.. the top box carries the things we need in an emergency of any sort

....oh,..and my three German Shepherd have room as well...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 February 2013, 18:25,
(13 February 2013, 18:15)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I remember doing something similar in a nova Smile Luckily it never bottomed out but I nearly got stuck a few times.

i had a Bedford Rascal for a while, went everywhere in that little van, back lanes, farm tracks, you name it and i went down it and i never had any problems, i'd have another one like a shot.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 18:31,
My dads mate had one that he used as his car. He loved it aswell.
13 February 2013, 18:32,
highlander see your point may have a look and see how i can manage doing it that way

geordie rob did you use nova in same area ??

bigpaul i would probably end up rolling one of them , tried a handbrake turn in a berlingo once , needless to say it went over !
13 February 2013, 18:35,
(13 February 2013, 18:32)Shaysdad99 Wrote: bigpaul i would probably end up rolling one of them , tried a handbrake turn in a berlingo once , needless to say it went over !

how did you manage that, i drive a BERLINGO!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 18:40,
it just toppled on a gravel type car park area , think speed was totally wrong
13 February 2013, 18:43,
(13 February 2013, 18:40)Shaysdad99 Wrote: it just toppled on a gravel type car park area , think speed was totally wrong

speed is the cause of a lot of things.
13 February 2013, 18:49,
it was a hire van aswell the headache was unreal , was one of my dafter moments lol
13 February 2013, 18:55,
Shaysdad, are you familiar with new hartley & seaton deleval area?

There is a farmers dirt track linking new Hartley to newsham area of Blyth. I decided to take my car up there. Needless to say I didn't try again.
13 February 2013, 18:55,
(13 February 2013, 18:49)Shaysdad99 Wrote: it was a hire van aswell the headache was unreal , was one of my dafter moments lol

oh well we learn from our mistakes or at least we should!Big Grin