Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably nothing, but...
18 February 2013, 11:58,
RE: Probably nothing, but...
It's quite tricky to whip out a map when you're doing 70 mph on the motorway, in the rain, and accurately pinpoint your position. The police get especially annoyed when you prop it up on the dashboard in front of you. Even more so if you're eating a sandwhich at the same time.
18 February 2013, 12:02,
(18 February 2013, 11:58)BeardyMan Wrote: It's quite tricky to whip out a map when you're doing 70 mph on the motorway, in the rain, and accurately pinpoint your position. The police get especially annoyed when you prop it up on the dashboard in front of you. Even more so if you're eating a sandwhich at the same time.

Its quite tricky when you whip out anything at 70 mph and usually illegal as hell Smile

18 February 2013, 12:12,
i look at a map BEFORE i go on a journey, i plan my route and write it down on a piece of paper and tape it to the dashboard( on a motorbike i tape it to the fuel tank!), then i dont really need to look at the map at all but keep it with me just in case i need to check something out. the trouble with sat navs( or so i'm told) is that they send you the shortest route not the EASIEST route, thats why lorries get stuck in narrow lanes or people try to go across deep fords just cos their sat navs tell them to.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.