Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
26 February 2013, 17:16, (This post was last modified: 26 February 2013, 17:17 by Wildman.)
RE: Firearms, Range shooting and Airsoft?..
nice one fela, another shtf fan gun i've been thinking of is buying a second hand or cheap brake barrel for diesel shots! a drop of fine oil in the skirt of the pellet, when the air compresses the oil it explodes making the pellet brake the sound barrier. but using light pellets is a no no for this (or a gun u value) as this is said buy some to have ruined their gun while others have fired thousands of high powered shots through their gun with no problem. the weight of a standard pellet when passes through the sound barrier rattles making the round go off target. but super heavy 20+g .22 pellets and a wild pigs head at 30 ft is a recipe (post shtf) for spit roast. check out diesel shots on you tube-i'de watch a few video's to get an accurate idea of the power. thanks for the pellet list! i shall be purchasing a tin of those expander's for sure! i believe that with the upgrade of an air rifle plus the devastatingly advanced pellets their are, as long as your close enough to your prey, it is a wise and cheap way to hunt if and when shtf. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&saf...=224&ty=15

(26 February 2013, 17:16)Wildman Wrote: nice one fela, another shtf fan gun i've been thinking of is buying a second hand or cheap brake barrel for diesel shots! a drop of fine oil in the skirt of the pellet, when the air compresses the oil it explodes making the pellet brake the sound barrier. but using light pellets is a no no for this (or a gun u value) as this is said buy some to have ruined their gun while others have fired thousands of high powered shots through their gun with no problem. the weight of a standard pellet when passes through the sound barrier rattles making the round go off target. but super heavy 20+g .22 pellets and a wild pigs head at 30 ft is a recipe (post shtf) for spit roast. check out diesel shots on you tube-i'de watch a few video's to get an accurate idea of the power. thanks for the pellet list! i shall be purchasing a tin of those expander's for sure! i believe that with the upgrade of an air rifle plus the devastatingly advanced pellets their are, as long as your close enough to your prey, it is a wise and cheap way to hunt if and when shtf. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&saf...=224&ty=15
there's a pcp hunters dream-its limited to 12 pounds but i've seen one for sale at 44 pounds of power!!
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
26 February 2013, 17:55,
your dieseling sounds a bit like the boyracers who do donuts or wheel spins...dosent have any use except for wearing out the tyres.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2013, 20:05,
(26 February 2013, 17:16)Wildman Wrote: nice one fela, another shtf fan gun i've been thinking of is buying a second hand or cheap brake barrel for diesel shots! a drop of fine oil in the skirt of the pellet, when the air compresses the oil it explodes making the pellet brake the sound barrier. but using light pellets is a no no for this (or a gun u value) as this is said buy some to have ruined their gun while others have fired thousands of high powered shots through their gun with no problem. the weight of a standard pellet when passes through the sound barrier rattles making the round go off target. but super heavy 20+g .22 pellets and a wild pigs head at 30 ft is a recipe (post shtf) for spit roast. check out diesel shots on you tube-i'de watch a few video's to get an accurate idea of the power. thanks for the pellet list! i shall be purchasing a tin of those expander's for sure! i believe that with the upgrade of an air rifle plus the devastatingly advanced pellets their are, as long as your close enough to your prey, it is a wise and cheap way to hunt if and when shtf. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&saf...=224&ty=15

there's a pcp hunters dream-its limited to 12 pounds but i've seen one for sale at 44 pounds of power!!

I think I'll be keeping the higher power spring for use after SHTF. that should give the gung 850 fps which should be enough for my needs.

44 ftlbs is huge, it'll do some serious damage even at long range.
conscius et paratum