Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its never too late to quit(smoking).
23 February 2013, 13:49,
RE: its never too late to quit(smoking).
I gave up 8 years ago, after about 10 years of really trying!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
3 August 2013, 23:32,
i gave up 4yrs ago best thing i ever did , i smoked for 30yrs and thinking about it now makes me angry all that wasted money but mainly the worry of what i may of done to myself .
smoking should be banned ........ full stop !!!!
Survive the jive (youtube )
4 August 2013, 06:08,
My wife and I gave up over thirty years ago, the best thing we ever done. It was easy for me, as I only smoked evenings and week-ends, with friends. My wife had a hard time for several weeks but she weathered the storm. We have no desire to ever smoke again. Kenneth Eames.
6 August 2013, 13:21,
(3 August 2013, 23:32)Sunna Wrote: smoking should be banned ........ full stop !!!!

Big supporter of personal choice I see Tongue
6 August 2013, 15:49,
All this talk is making me crave a smoke!

I quit 10 years ago.

Had my last one on the way to the hospital while having a heart attack!

I still crave them, just don't smoke them.

I noticed a sudden increase in my disposable cash and justified several large purchases with the fact that I was no longer smoking.

I am not sure what your prices are over there but over here %75 of the cost is taxes. My state has the lowest tax rate in the U.S. due to our encouragement of tobacco production.

When I started smoking top brands were $.35 cents per pack, when I quit they were $4 per pack.

$1500 (more in most areas) annually will buy a lot of prep supplies, your firearms permit fees and a nice shotgun, that generator you wanted, a real nice solar array....
6 August 2013, 15:56,
Still cold turkey from the 3rd of january and i still have the craving,Currently having the week from hell but still not giving in.
About a month ago after a good few beers i had a couple of pulls of a joint which completely messed me right up and i havent smoked that stuff for about 5 years....................So im staying away from both for good now
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
6 August 2013, 16:06,
(6 August 2013, 15:49)Mortblanc Wrote: All this talk is making me crave a smoke!

I quit 10 years ago.

Had my last one on the way to the hospital while having a heart attack!

I still crave them, just don't smoke them.

I noticed a sudden increase in my disposable cash and justified several large purchases with the fact that I was no longer smoking.

I am not sure what your prices are over there but over here %75 of the cost is taxes. My state has the lowest tax rate in the U.S. due to our encouragement of tobacco production.

When I started smoking top brands were $.35 cents per pack, when I quit they were $4 per pack.

$1500 (more in most areas) annually will buy a lot of prep supplies, your firearms permit fees and a nice shotgun, that generator you wanted, a real nice solar array....

you ready for this pal £8.25 per pack of twenty B and H
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
6 August 2013, 16:51,
(6 August 2013, 16:06)Barneyboy Wrote: you ready for this pal £8.25 per pack of twenty B and H

Jeez!!!....I think the average packet was about £2 when I gave up 18 years ago!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2013, 17:01,
When I first went to BAOR in 1970, 200 smokes from the NAAFI was 10 DM (Deutsch Marks). The exchange rate was (wait for it...) 10 DM = £1. Smile

6 August 2013, 21:02,
Smile... when I was in Malaya, I would buy a packet of 20 `Three Fives` and a box of matches for 1 Malayan dollar
A major part of survival is invisibility.