Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Polly Tunnel
1 March 2013, 21:46,
RE: Polly Tunnel
Well I finished building all the hoops now, six in all,... so I am looking to get the frame up this weekend sometime, probably Sunday
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 March 2013, 22:43,
Let us have the pic,s HL ...your going good guns pal
2 March 2013, 14:20,
(1 March 2013, 21:46)Highlander Wrote: Well I finished building all the hoops now, six in all,... so I am looking to get the frame up this weekend sometime, probably Sunday

PICS!!!!

Are you making triangle braces to hold the structure in place?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 March 2013, 17:24,
(2 March 2013, 14:20)Scythe13 Wrote:
(1 March 2013, 21:46)Highlander Wrote: Well I finished building all the hoops now, six in all,... so I am looking to get the frame up this weekend sometime, probably Sunday

PICS!!!!

Are you making triangle braces to hold the structure in place?

I will add photos as it goes up tomorrow, I will be able to show you better
3 March 2013, 18:45,
Well, we worked hard today, started by getting all the sections in the right place, the first one tied to the hedge, then the top piece nailed in to hold them

[Image: _3030012_zpsa307db0a.jpg]

I felt I need to brace the two end sections.

[Image: _3030026_zps5ae77ce1.jpg]

The bottom of each piece was nailed in two places, nailed through into the base and also by a piece of marine gauge ply

[Image: _3030022_zpsdbb0f1da.jpg]

Until they we all up

[Image: _3030024_zps8dc58756.jpg]

Each piece I covered with bit of old carpet to protect the plastic from the wood,..and the plywood on this side is a good quality marine ply

[Image: _3030025_zps51fdc26f.jpg]

The door frames are in on this shot,.. a double door at the front and a single at the rear, the rear door more for ventilation than for access

[Image: _3030028_zps06967139.jpg]

Completed framework,... the front doors I built in a sort of half round way,..so that the doors are sloped when shut,..this is the side any wind we might get comes from,... so this slope will send any wind over the top

[Image: _3030027_zpsbb4bb0fd.jpg]

Now I have to wait a couple of weeks for the plastic, we have had it sent to our daughters in the borders so we don't have to pay the Highland surcharge, Bracken is going down this weekend coming and returning in about a week,...we we will get in finished then
3 March 2013, 19:01,
looking good HL
3 March 2013, 20:14,
some solid looking timbers there! thats things big enough to live in..thatch the top and fill in the sides and your fit to go!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 March 2013, 20:29,
Coming on good HL.....i like the stool......use one myself all the time...nice to have a wiff and a look....and a nice brew...keep us up to speed with the pics....solid...neat..n tidy
3 March 2013, 21:17,
Terrific stuff, Highlander. Are you going to install a ground watering system at this stage?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 March 2013, 21:22, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2013, 21:23 by Highlander.)
(3 March 2013, 21:17)MaryN Wrote: Terrific stuff, Highlander. Are you going to install a ground watering system at this stage?

....yes Mary, three different types... a hose pipe, a watering can and Bracken...Smile

How would I install a ground watering system?

I take it you may mean a buried hose pipe with holes in it?????

Maybe not,.. that would get in the way of digging