Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea
27 February 2013, 23:31,
RE: Idea
Mind you, there are a lot of people in Glasgow who don't have a car, play it by ear and adapt if necessary
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 February 2013, 23:41,
Geordie is that van company whos wife set up the sex shop?

Goodluck on whatever you decide to do
28 February 2013, 00:22,
Car hire good if you can get contract with iinsurance company
28 February 2013, 08:50,
I drive a Transit as my EDC vehicle of choice, to damn useful not to have a van in the family, taking crap to the tip, camping in, collecting logs for firewood, as a BOV, collecting stuff from shops, moving stuff for relatives etc

28 February 2013, 10:45,
If you're sure you can turn a profit.....GO FOR IT!!!

Owning your own business can have huge benefits! If you are certain you can make it work, and you have a successful business owner happy to coach you through it, then you should definitely go for it!

Who cares about having a 4x4 BOV in the fleet? If you're successful enough, you can rent a vehicle yourself, from yourself, call it a company car, claim the tax back into the company, pay yourself minimum wage, have a wedge of a company dividend to the owner (yourself), and have full time use of a 4x4!!!

Rock on!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2013, 17:08,
thanks guys hopefully it will happen from the prepping point of view come SHTF it would give me quick access to some extra fuel and maybe a suitable BOV for the event
28 February 2013, 17:18,
(28 February 2013, 17:08)David075 Wrote: thanks guys hopefully it will happen from the prepping point of view come SHTF it would give me quick access to some extra fuel and maybe a suitable BOV for the event

Until then, you can cash in and make lots of money!!! Kick it up mate!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2013, 23:03,
A transit is a great van ,i have one for work ..never let me down...till today....starter motor....common on the front wheel drive models....they will not gurantee the new one UNLESS you clean the gearbox..dust buggers up the armiture ....i did strip it down ( the old one ) clogged up with crap brushes were right down and been arcing on arm.. the trouble with trannies is you make friends very quickly.....family in particular...if you get my drift....this one is no 11 ...far cry from the first v4 engine