Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
my first pet died
27 February 2013, 19:18,
RE: my first pet died
I understand completely mate....get another straght away...thats what i do..but you never forget the ones than have gone on though
27 February 2013, 19:39,
Really sorry to hear that hrusai.I had to put our persian down late last year.Some people don't understand just how devastating it can be to lose a pet.
I did what Straight Shooter suggested and went out and bought a kitten as soon as we buried Duffy.You won't forget the one you've lost but it does help with the pain.I wear his collar on my wrist in remembrance of him.I got absolutely hammered aswell and woke up to a trashed living room.Hang in there mate it gets easier with time
27 February 2013, 20:24,
well i don't really need to go and get another one (still got 8 left o.O) so no shortage of things to cuddle, i guess what made this one special is he was mine, he didn't love anyone else like he loved me and i didnt love any of the other cats like i loved him Tongue....man its hard to describe what i mean Tongue

thanks again to everyone Smile...helps more than you realise
28 February 2013, 11:01,
Mate, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Deepest sympathies.

Our family includes:
Darcy, Delilah, our 2 cats.
Illy, Che, and Bundy, our 3 degus.
Icarus and Chili, our 2 guinea pigs.
and Brian, our hamster.

On the 21st March we will have 2 Whippet puppies, called Dash and Bolt.

Pets are a huge part of the family and I know the pain of losing one. During my life we have had 4 cats, innumerable hamsters, 5 guinea pigs, and much more. I'm very much an animal guy, and my wife loves animals too. I actually have Darcy and Delilah sat with me as I'm writing this.

The only bit of help I can give to make you feel better; yes it hurts, and that pain doesn't always go away. But over time, your heart will grow and will allow space for other feelings. The pain will always be there, but will lessen.

I know I'm probably going to get the p**s ripped out of me for say this (BP and NR.....ESPECIALLY NR, that's your cue) but it can be nice to do something to remember them. For me, I like the idea that loved ones are looking down at us.
http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/unusual...r-gift.htm
Yes it might be soppy and a girly thing to do, but my dad passed away a few months back, and I love having in my heart the thought that he's looking down on me.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2013, 14:22,
(28 February 2013, 11:01)Scythe13 Wrote: Mate, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Deepest sympathies.

Our family includes:
Darcy, Delilah, our 2 cats.
Illy, Che, and Bundy, our 3 degus.
Icarus and Chili, our 2 guinea pigs.
and Brian, our hamster.

On the 21st March we will have 2 Whippet puppies, called Dash and Bolt.

Pets are a huge part of the family and I know the pain of losing one. During my life we have had 4 cats, innumerable hamsters, 5 guinea pigs, and much more. I'm very much an animal guy, and my wife loves animals too. I actually have Darcy and Delilah sat with me as I'm writing this.

The only bit of help I can give to make you feel better; yes it hurts, and that pain doesn't always go away. But over time, your heart will grow and will allow space for other feelings. The pain will always be there, but will lessen.

I know I'm probably going to get the p**s ripped out of me for say this (BP and NR.....ESPECIALLY NR, that's your cue) but it can be nice to do something to remember them. For me, I like the idea that loved ones are looking down at us.
http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/unusual...r-gift.htm
Yes it might be soppy and a girly thing to do, but my dad passed away a few months back, and I love having in my heart the thought that he's looking down on me.

You're not soppy at all. We have our dear old dog buried in the garden with an In Memoriam plaque over his ashes. I planted a load of nice perennials over him. Still get teary thinking about him.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 February 2013, 14:27, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 14:28 by NorthernRaider.)
I tried buring the Were-terrier in the back garden but he would not lie still , bloody thing, he was out again last night chasing cars again. I dont mind that so much but he keeps buring them in the garden.

Tis always sad to lose a treasured pets, just remember the good times.

28 February 2013, 14:47,
(28 February 2013, 14:27)NorthernRaider Wrote: I tried buring the Were-terrier in the back garden but he would not lie still , bloody thing, he was out again last night chasing cars again. I dont mind that so much but he keeps buring them in the garden.

Tis always sad to lose a treasured pets, just remember the good times.

You do know that you are a daft idiot, don't you! Were terriers!
28 February 2013, 15:05, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 15:06 by NorthernRaider.)
So you are admitting you have never met a Were-terrier? Part dog, part rug, part sex fiend, sits on the dustbin on a full moon howling at the night (just like my wife). nothing is safe from the Were-terrier NOTHING, Carpet fitters, cats, other dogs regardless of gender, the Tesco home delivery driver, a visiting midwife, the SKY TV installer, the neieces hamster. Anything foolish enough to turn its back on the Were-terrier and BANG its to late its being humped to death in a frenzy of sand coloured fur.

And no its not related to Skean Dhude, he is half man half gerbil Smile

28 February 2013, 15:15,
(28 February 2013, 15:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: So you are admitting you have never met a Were-terrier? Part dog, part rug, part sex fiend, sits on the dustbin on a full moon howling at the night (just like my wife). nothing is safe from the Were-terrier NOTHING, Carpet fitters, cats, other dogs regardless of gender, the Tesco home delivery driver, a visiting midwife, the SKY TV installer, the neieces hamster. Anything foolish enough to turn its back on the Were-terrier and BANG its to late its being humped to death in a frenzy of sand coloured fur.

And no its not related to Skean Dhude, he is half man half gerbil Smile

Get help!